Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murder, She Wrote - A Killing In Cork

• 13-12-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭

On UTV now...brace yourself for the worst Americans-attempting-Irish accents in history!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't find it on YT.. but there is this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

ITV1 my apologies, already lost count of the number of Oirish stereotypes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Angela, owns or at least owned a house near Cloyne in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

So Jessica Fletcher visited Ireland twice and both times people died in mysterious circumstances. Why is this monster still free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Angela, owns or at least owned a house near Cloyne in Cork.

Think you're right. Close to Ballycotton by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Yeah, Angela L has a place in Cork allright. Several (dodgy!) episodes were filmed here and there were a few 'Oirish' characters who popped up and partook in divilment Stateside on a regular basis. 'Ah shur it's yourself, is it Jessica?!' etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

So Jessica Fletcher visited Ireland twice and both times people died in mysterious circumstances. Why is this monster still free?

There were four regular episodes set in Ireland

The Wind Around the Tower 1992
    A Killing in Cork 1993
    Another Killing in Cork 1995
    Nan's Ghost: Part 1 & 2 1995

but the telemovie The Celtic Riddle was the only one for which she filmed scenes in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Two things about Murder She Wrote that i could never understand.

How come the cops never had her pegged as a suspect? everywhere she went someone died

How come the cops never told her to f***off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Great show to spot the retired Hollywood star or the Young up coming actor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Murder,_She_Wrote_guest_stars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Great show to spot the retired Hollywood star or the Young up coming actor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Murder,_She_Wrote_guest_stars

I remember watching one episode with Bill Maher sporting a top class mullet. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

I just watched Murder She Wrote/ Another Killing in Cork. The Gardai in it wore Badges and Emblems that I never saw before. Also, they all carried Automatic hanguns in holsters on their belts. anyone explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I know a friend of mine had a video up on their Facebook recently and it was recorded from the TV of that episode.. and it's a woman in a godawful Irish accent saying something along the lines of "I don't know if I'd like that.. a man making love to me with a pipe in his hand!" and then eruptions of laughter from those watching it.

Can't find it now, but I remember it not being YouTube but one of the other video sharing sites.

EDIT: FOUND IT! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Smokecloak wrote: »
    I just watched Murder She Wrote/ Another Killing in Cork. The Gardai in it wore Badges and Emblems that I never saw before. Also, they all carried Automatic hanguns in holsters on their belts. anyone explain?

I'm going with the 'Murder She Wrote is not exactly the height of realism' explanation myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

Owen wrote: »
    Think you're right. Close to Ballycotton by all accounts.

Tis indeed, the place is called Churchtown, its a mile or two west of Ballycotton. It would be closer to Ballycotton than Cloyne so I'm told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

I happened to see an episode of murder she wrote last week and she was in ireland in a house, murder in cork i think it was, anyway, they shot an outside scene but the landscape didnt seem anything like the irish landscape, the inside scenes were atrocious, very american looking nothing like irish interiors, whoever done the research didnt do a great job of it, also why didnt they try and get actual irish actors instead of people with horrific oirish accents, also this week i happened to see another episode set in ireland and they used the same bloody actors as completely different characters??? is hollywood that stuck for actors who can do a bad irish accent???
    Also i am sure most of the indoors scenes are done in universal, but where would they film the outdoor scenes? also what was their obsession with coming to ireland? they never came to ireland to shoot the actual episodes so where would the lanscape scenes they used have come from? stock clips or something?
    the show was terribly produced for television, it was more like watching a play, it was the same scenes over and over, fletcher arrives somewhere, someone is killed, loads of suspects, the police havent a clue, then just five minutes before the end fletcher knows who did it, solves the case just in the nick of time before filing the epilogue where she is about to f**k off back to where she came from, she makes a ridiculous joke and it ends with her having a good old laugh, head in the air.....having said all of that, if the program is on i find myself drawn to it, is it because they use so many suspects that you are so bamboozled you have to watch it to find out who did it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It's the same when they were in London and Paris.
    Saw both accidentally.
    Comical stage accents a few establishing shots on location and everything else shot in the US.

She was spotted in proximity to hundreds of murders in all over the US as well as in the UK, Ireland and France yet never got questioned once ...

The weird cat lady on Cold Case will have her work cut out.

surely if you were going to commit a murder you would wait until she f*cked off before doing so, never mind committing one when she was there at the time...if i was one of her "good friends" i would be steering well clear, the woman is a walking grim reaper, she cant move but there is a murder, every house she stays in there is someone killed, i mean what happened her husband???? and why is it that the police in every place she goes are about as competent as a winos underpants, it takes some auld one who writes books to solve the case...although i think i remember one episode where she was accused of getting a guy killed because she put his story in one of her books, i remember she was highly insulted at being accused.
    i also think i remember the paris episode, about fashion designers killing each other or something and the terrible french accents, i also remember an italian guy in an episode pretending to be italian who couldnt help sounding like a new yorker
    the episode in london didnt even show an outside shot
    couldnt they be a bit more artistic and actually go on location??

She also stayed in a hotel in Paris that would set you back about 3 grand a night leading to questions about her income...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I remember seeing one of those Irish set episodes and thinking how come none of the actors in bit parts look familiar?Usually when they film these things here you'd see Dinny from Glenroe playing a Garda sargent or Milo O Shea as the slippery auctioner or something.So the answer was they weren't filmed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

She went to Moscow in one episode too, you can guess what happened.

• Advertisement

dloob wrote: »
    She went to Moscow in one episode too, you can guess what happened.

So, Jessica Fletcher has been associated with 264 murders. She's definitely worth avoiding!

how bad is it that they set certain episodes in other countries yet dont even bother to go to that country

the woman is a walking disaster, if she is in a location the murder rate goes up, they must hate it when she goes back to cabot cove, every time she is back there someone is killed...most of the friends she goes to visit end up being killed

Advertisement