Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where to buy cheap coal and briquettes?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I'd like to make a bulk purchase to keep costs down.

I've been paying €4.20 for a bale of briquettes and €6 for a 12.5 kg bag of coal, so I went to the fuel depot on Clanbrassil St., thinking it'd be cheaper.

He wanted €4 for the briquettes, and €18 for a 40kg bag of coal, which is only a marginal difference from my corner shop.

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Not really in the city, but grange builders providers are selling

20kg coal: €8.99
    and bales of briquettes: €3.95

These are the web prices though, I got a flyer the other day with cheaper prices, I think it was more like €2.99 per bale, they also have turf. I'd ring them beforehand if you were thinking of going there to check for sure

It's in Baldoyle though, although a trip on the dart and you'd be there, but might affect the savings difference!

EDIT: yeah here is the flyer
    http://www.grange.ie/builders-providers/special_offers_wo4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Woodies have 2 bales of BNM briquettes for €7.50. The cheapest I've found in Dublin so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Texaco in Rathfarnham have 5 bales for €17.95 as of last night. €3.59 a bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

This time last year the coal depot in Bohernabreena was doing 40kg of polish coal for €16

Advertisement