Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More questions re xbox.

Options
  • 13-12-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Ok. So my arcade console is practically gone to the grave having a couple of e74s. I have now bought the 4gb console from harveys and have a few questions.

First of all, I have my profile on one of those early memory card things which stuck into the front of the arcade( you get them with it), but holds very little. I also used a usb stick which worked a treat.The console currently has e74 again, so if (when) i do the towel trick(mad how that works!) to get me a couple of hours on it, can i transfer my profile to the usb stick?

If not, will my profile be on xbox live so that i can download it and play skyrim where i left off?

I usually only play one game at a time, so would using a 16gb usb stick suffice for all my needs with new xbox?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Do not do the towel "trick" ...it's not a trick. You still have the option of selling on that console for parts, or to a reballer who will fix the E74. You might get €30-€50 for your console with a controller and cables. This drops significantly if you try the towel trick.

I don't believe your console came with any internal memory, which is why you're using a memory unit. This memory unit can be read in any Phat console, so find a friend and drop over with your MU and your USB stick and do the transfer there.

If your profile was an xbox live profile and it is up to date (as in your were online with it before your console broke, even if you were not playing online), then you can just recover your gamertag to your Slim console.

Savegames are not part of your profile. You will have to copy them from your Memory Unit to your USB stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

I have another question.
    What can i do to prevent this new 4gb console getting red ring/e74 etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

New one should be fine in regards to that - but if you are any way worried try the following.

1. Keep in a well ventilated area.
    2. Vacuum every so often - just make sure there is not a build up of dust around it.
    3. Ensure it is in a secure location where it will not be prone to passing knocks.

From what I have seen so far it is really the older models that really suffered from the E74s. The newer (one would hope) are better designed/manufactured.

Have fun with your new box. Not sure if the 4G is upgradeable - but if it is maybe look at expanding the HDD at some point.

Advertisement