Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returing to Education Mature Student

Options
  • 13-12-2011 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I am out of a job as it seems come next week and want to apply for a full time course through the CAO in the new year. I havent done this before and want to know will I be eligable for a grant. I am currently renting but will have to move home in the new yr. I know I will have to be 9 months on job seekers and should be ok for back to education allowance. I am 33.

Any advise would be great I have a friend who went back and didnt get the grand because of her not having a utility bill in her name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I *think* you can only receive either the BTEA or the grant, not both, due to budget cuts in the last few years. Here's a link from Citizen's Information detailing all the financial aid available.

I'd also recommend getting in touch with the mature students' support office in the colleges you're planning on applying to. They'll be able to give you loads of info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 extra123xx

Thank you :)

Advertisement