Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cow water consumption

• 13-12-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me the recommended water consumption per day or per month of a cow during pregnancy from the point of insemination onwards? Could you tell the breed of cow too for any answer you may have?

A reference would be good but if not I still really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭theroad

Google cow water consumption :)

The Canadian link (.ca) gives data in litres for beef & dairy cattle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Morgan S E: Water quality for cattle, Journal Veterinary clinics of north africa, food animal practice, issue number 27, page number 285 to 295.

Dry cows require 10 gals/day.
    Lactating cows require 5 times the milk they produce per day.

Ten pages into 2 lines...........Not so bad!

How come you can't find this info.?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nirvanaholic

theroad wrote: »
    Google cow water consumption :)

The Canadian link (.ca) gives data in litres for beef & dairy cattle.

That's a great find, exactly what I was looking for. :)

I appreciate the help, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nirvanaholic

Bizzum wrote: »
    Morgan S E: Water quality for cattle, Journal Veterinary clinics of north africa, food animal practice, issue number 27, page number 285 to 295.

Dry cows require 10 gals/day.
    Lactating cows require 5 times the milk they produce per day.

Ten pages into 2 lines...........Not so bad!

How come you can't find this info.?

Thanks for the help! I looked for ages (all in the wrong places!) but couldn't find it! Cheers!:)

Advertisement