Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Raptor tattoo

Options
  • 13-12-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Have any of you guys been tattooed by Robert Litcan in Dark Raptor? Has he a good rep?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Rob did my first tattoo and I couldn't recommend him more. He's a genuinely lovely guy and takes a lot of pride in being very detailed with his work. He never received my confirmation email for my apt, but was luckily free when I arrived and he basically shut up shop for near 2 hours to get the idea in my head down on paper (works alone). It took another two hours to do then but I barely felt a thing.

Were you looking for any particular style?He seems to have a preference for black and grey but he's also done some great colour work on a friend of mine.

I've been recommended some amazing artists in Dublin for the other work I want done, but Tbh I think I'll always go back to Rob. There's a lot to be said for someone who listens to and takes the time to understand exactly what you want..and makes it look ten times better in the process.

He's a true gent and made first tattooing exp the first of many.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

G86 wrote: »
    Rob did my first tattoo and I couldn't recommend him more. He's a genuinely lovely guy and takes a lot of pride in being very detailed with his work. He never received my confirmation email for my apt, but was luckily free when I arrived and he basically shut up shop for near 2 hours to get the idea in my head down on paper (works alone). It took another two hours to do then but I barely felt a thing.

Were you looking for any particular style?He seems to have a preference for black and grey but he's also done some great colour work on a friend of mine.

I've been recommended some amazing artists in Dublin for the other work I want done, but Tbh I think I'll always go back to Rob. There's a lot to be said for someone who listens to and takes the time to understand exactly what you want..and makes it look ten times better in the process.

He's a true gent and made first tattooing exp the first of many.

Hope that helps :)
    He'll freely admit that black and grey is his preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Check any spelling...

This is on their website lol
    19_12_2011_01_53_59.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

He'll freely admit that black and grey is his preference.
    Hence what I said..
    Blikes wrote: »
    Check any spelling...

In fairness, it's not the artists responsibility to make sure your spelling is correct, it's up to you to present the right wording - it's your tattoo. I'd say the guy gave him the wrong spelling because Rob must have checked my text with me about 10 times before inking it. And that was in Latin.

G86 wrote: »
    Hence what I said..

In fairness, it's not the artists responsibility to make sure your spelling is correct, it's up to you to present the right wording - it's your tattoo. I'd say the guy gave him the wrong spelling because Rob must have checked my text with me about 10 times before inking it. And that was in Latin.

But surely if the tattoo artist notices a genuinely bad spelling, like "You Snooze you Loose", then should it not be up to the artist to confirm with whoever is receiving the tattoo that it is the wrong spelling? The person receiving the tattoo might not realize it is.

• Advertisement

But surely if the tattoo artist notices a genuinely bad spelling, like "You Snooze you Loose", then should it not be up to the artist to confirm with whoever is receiving the tattoo that it is the wrong spelling? The person receiving the tattoo might not realize it is.
    if I'm getting something inked on my body I'm making damn well sure everything is spelled right, not leaving it up to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Doesn't a tatt artists show the out line first?wuldnt. U of picked it up,the tatt itself is class

But what if the person genuinely doesn't know the difference between

Loose/Lose
    They're/their/there
    Two/Too

then should it not be up to the artist to inform them, especially when the mistake is as obvious as, "You Snooze, You Loose", as, to me personally, it would seem quite mean spirited if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

should it not be up to the artist to inform them, especially when the mistake is as obvious as, "You Snooze, You Loose",

Robert is Romanian so I'd assume English isn't his first language.

But what if the person genuinely doesn't know the difference between

Loose/Lose
    They're/their/there
    Two/Too

then should it not be up to the artist to inform them, especially when the mistake is as obvious as, "You Snooze, You Loose", as, to me personally, it would seem quite mean spirited if they didn't.
    Roberts romanian, why should he correct someones spelling in his second language than the person who probably was Irish and brought it to him in his first language??

Also mean spirited?? He's the nicest artist who's gun I've been under, the mere fact that you didn't know Robert wasn't Irish means you really shouldn't be commenting on it tbh as you have no first hand experience with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Went into Dark Raptor today to cancel an appointment that I had for in 3 weeks and was basically treated like dirt. I was told when i booked the appointment to give them at least a weeks notice to cancel. I asked for my deposit back and was greeted with a look of disgust. One of the worst customer services i have ever encountered.

Doesn't sound like robert or kat at all

Advertisement