Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Idea for the Regional part of the forums ( please read )

Options
  • 13-12-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to put a sticky post for Christmas in each of the regional parts of the forum such as ''Louth, Galway and Dublin etc '' of the Socoety of St.Vincent de paul ( www.svp.ie ) inviting people this Christmas to donate toys or gifts online ( you can do it via laser ) or to buy them and drop them off at their local supervalu for the people in their selective region. They give you an option to pick which region you would like to donate your gift to this Christmas.

So what it not be a good idea to put a sticky in each regional forum for SVP? I'm not a member of the society but being a member of boards it got me thinking it could be a good idea. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Why just the regional forums?

If you ask the lads in the office, I'm sure they could organise a site announcement or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Sitewide announcement would be a better option - boards isn't exactly a noticeboard and they don't let users post the same in multiple forums :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Where do I go to ask the lads in the office? thanks.

Onesimus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Boards has it's own charity, called the Santa Strike Force.

Chances are they want to "promote" that ahead of SVP - or any other charity, which they do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If approved and appropriate for boards.ie, such a proposal would be more effective site-wide rather than just Regional. Many posters would be missed by focusing on Region alone. You may wish to approach the Administration regarding this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Des wrote: »
    Boards has it's own charity, called the Santa Strike Force.

SSF is separate to boards. Linked by the same people but a separate entity. iirc DeV did that on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Orion wrote: »
    SSF is separate to boards. Linked by the same people but a separate entity. iirc DeV did that on purpose.

Well yeah, but I meant it's the "charity of choice" around these parts.

Advertisement