Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Waste

Options
  • 13-12-2011 7:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Posting this on behalf of the mother, she used to be with greyhound for her bins but changed to another company at the start of the year. After months of sending in forms and phone calls they have yet to come and take their bins away and she's getting mightily pissed off about it.

Is there anyway she can get these guys to come and take away their bins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Posting this on behalf of the mother, she used to be with greyhound for her bins but changed to another company at the start of the year. After months of sending in forms and phone calls they have yet to come and take their bins away and she's getting mightily pissed off about it.

Send a letter saying that the bins are now unwanted on private property and she will dispose of them as she sees fit. She's under no legal obligation as far as I know to keep them on her property as safekeeping for the company but she is responsible for them while they're there e.g. she can't just leave them outside the gate and blame the company. I know it's a hassle but if they don't collect them after that then just take them to the local dump.

Short of a solicitors letter it's the best way I can see of dealing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

My sis used to be with SDCC waste collection service,despite making many phone calls/sending emails,they still didnt take their bins away

This was over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Send them a letter informing them of the relevant "storage fees" due for storage of the bins, say €20 per bin per week, wait a week and then send an invoice.

Advertisement