Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie Humble Bundle #4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just got it. Seems like a good deal. Paid 6 dollars. I have super meat boy already but the others seem interesting.

I gave 90% of mine to the devs and 10% to the site itself. None to the charity for personal reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I really enjoyed gratuitous Space Battles when it was on one of the Steam sales last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Dont know, it's putting me off getting it aswell and i have frozen synapse too

same, got it with an earlier bundle...

according to this thread, it seems like you don't get steam keys for the other games, and there's keys missing for some of the games while there's a backlog of emails :/

think i'll avoid it if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Guess I'll get this to go with the previous bundles, and stick them on steam in the hope that one day my PC won't scream in protest if I try play any of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I did not realise it until I saw in another thread, but the GODLIKE Jamestown OST is included in the bundle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I bought and downloaded the games in work this morning. Now I've just realised I don't have any way of bringing them home until tomorrow as I forgot to bring a USB key in with me. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Malice wrote: »
    I bought and downloaded the games in work this morning. Now I've just realised I don't have any way of bringing them home until tomorrow as I forgot to bring a USB key in with me. D'oh!

Use Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

All these small purchases add up. :(

But think of all the money I'm saving!!!

Use Steam
    Why would I use Steam when I've got the games downloaded already? Anyway it's no biggie, I've a USB stick put into my jacket pocket so I can start going through the games over the weekend.

Malice wrote: »
    Why would I use Steam when I've got the games downloaded already? Anyway it's no biggie, I've a USB stick put into my jacket pocket so I can start going through the games over the weekend.

Why wouldn't you, that's the question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Is anyone having problems with some of the games?

Both Cave Story and Bit Trip Runner have failed to install for me, the zip for the former won't extract and the latter installation .exe keeps crashing.

Others I've tried are fine - GSB looks insanely complicated, and I'm already learning to hate Super Meat Boy :)

Why wouldn't you, that's the question
    Are you asking me why wouldn't I use Steam?

yes

yes
    Okay well we're probably going to go off-topic and it's not something I really want to get into regardless but I had to use Steam back in 2004 during the debacle that was the Half Life 2 authentication process. On account of that I haven't used Steam since and don't intend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The fact that they're DRM free is the main selling point for me. If they were steam only, I wouldn't be bothered. Interestingly, this is the opposite to some people's preferences but the options the HIB offers means everyone is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Just got it.

Already have Super Meat Boy on Xbox, but sure, its a good enough game to play through twice. Looking forward to having a go at Bit.Trip Runner.

I really love these bundles, they're great value, though it kinda saddens me to know that a lot of people will only pay a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

They've just added the HiB#3 to this bundle if you pay over the average. I also assume it applies to prior purchases as well since I got it despite only buying originally for $4.65!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope it does, only bought it an hour ago and gave them 10 dollars :(

Edit: Just checked, it does :)

Got the HIB#3 as well, even though i already bought it the first time it came around...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

VVVVVV Sountrack. Yay! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Damn, had meant to come back and buy this today, as it's payday, but the deal's over. :/ Bugger.
    Signed up for next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Damn, had meant to come back and buy this today, as it's payday, but the deal's over. :/ Bugger.
    Signed up for next time!

You should check the Steam game trade thread. I have a HIB#4 available, others might, not sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just won humble bundle 4 on a site but I did not get the 'over the average' games of cave story and gratuitous space battles. However I DID get the 'over the average' prize of getting the games from the #3 pack, wtf is going on? :p

Just won humble bundle 4 on a site but I did not get the 'over the average' games of cave story and gratuitous space battles. However I DID get the 'over the average' prize of getting the games from the #3 pack, wtf is going on? :p

They bought the pack before the HIB3 was added. When it was added to the bundle, all previous buyers got it regardless of if they were over the average or not. Future buyers had to beat the average from then on to unlock it.
    If it's the actual humble bundle page you got, you should be able to increase your amount and i think that'll unlock the bonus games for you. Not too sure if that works, but it's only around $5.50 max to pay anyway if you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TheChrisD wrote: »
    You should check the Steam game trade thread. I have a HIB#4 available, others might, not sure.

Not sure how that works, but I will, thanks!

[edit]
    Looks like the only tradable items that I have are 33% off any Valve title, or 50% off Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012. :/

Advertisement