Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS staff to strike for no bonus while manages get 7k !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

AFAIK the issue is that the 'bonus' payment is their 13th month, not a 'bonus'

The argument is that bosses are trying to call it a bonus payment when in fact its 1 months wages over their 13 month pay cycle.

Pretty common practise over here in NL and in DE too, if you didnt get your 13th month there would be absolute war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sack the lot of them and employ more of the eastern european workers who have been doing most of the work in the ESB for a number of years now! Their work ethic is so much better than the wasters in the ESB who hold the country to ransom at every turn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Sack the lot of them and employ more of the eastern european workers who have been doing most of the work in the ESB for a number of years now! Their work ethic is so much better than the wasters in the ESB who hold the country to ransom at every turn!

Pssst EBS :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lar203

thats mad a ladourer in the esb is on 64000 euros a year thats the bottom of the pile the cheek of them .the goverment should privitise them that would sort them out

lar203 wrote: »
    thats mad a ladourer in the esb is on 64000 euros a year thats the bottom of the pile the cheek of them .the goverment should privitise them that would sort them out

EBS :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Pssst EBS :eek:
    I'm sure there are plenty of banking staff in eastern europe who would love the chance to work in Ireland so i think my response should apply to both ESB and EBS:D

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I'm sure there are plenty of banking staff in eastern europe who would love the chance to work in Ireland so i think my response should apply to both ESB and EBS:D

They'd be in for a big shock if they somehow got jobs with the ESB.:P

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They'd be in for a big shock if they somehow got jobs with the ESB.:P
    Managers and staff of banks and building societies dangling from giant electricity pylons sounds right:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

As far as I'm aware the managers have the option to be paid their salary in 13 installments, the intention being that they will get double ther regular salary in December.

It is not a bonus, it's the way they have chosen to be paid but the Unite trades union has chosen for propoganda reasons to put it about that managers are getting a 'bonus' which is beng denied to the lower grades.

In every war the first casualty is truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

coylemj wrote: »
    It is not a bonus, it's the way they have chosen to be paid but the Unite trades union has chosen for propoganda reasons to put it about that managers are getting a 'bonus' which is beng denied to the lower grades.

So the union is denying that it is a bonus for the lower paid workers, but claiming it is a bonus for the higher paid (whom the don't represent)...makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Just reading through this tread its amazing how ppl jump conclusions.
    I know one of the guys working in EBS and as the previous poster stated they get paid salary over 13 months, not 12.

Upper managers are saying this is a bonus and they are not entitled to it, however it is their final salary payment.

Bank managers in the branches are still receiving the "13th" month and it is this plus not receiving their entitled pay that the strike is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

Just reading through this tread its amazing how ppl jump conclusions.
    I know one of the guys working in EBS and as the previous poster stated they get paid salary over 13 months, not 12.

Upper managers are saying this is a bonus and they are not entitled to it, however it is their final salary payment.

Bank managers in the branches are still receiving the "13th" month and it is this plus not receiving their entitled pay that the strike is about.

Noone is entitled to bloated salaries when it involves the tax payer. Lenihan stupidly walked the tax payer into this instead of letting EBS go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

coylemj wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware the managers have the option to be paid their salary in 13 installments, the intention being that they will get double ther regular salary in December.

In every war the first casualty is truth.

I've heard that and am of the mind that if this is the case then surely legal action is what they would take and not strike action.

Strike implies they feel entitled to a bonus month.

Legal action would imply that this is their salary that they are not getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joan brophy

I wonder has their pay been cut prior to this. Welcome to real world, not many out there now that not have been cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Ah EBS. Happy memories of a wildly incompetent financial institution that robbed me of an apartment.

Zero sympathy.

Advertisement