Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Natural shampoo after chemo.

• 13-12-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

My aunt had chemo and lost her hair. It is now back and still coming and she wants to know about shampoos to use. She wants something natural. Was wondering about the liz earle shampoo? Has anyone had cancer and have any recommendations?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

My aunt had chemo and lost her hair. It is now back and still coming and she wants to know about shampoos to use. She wants something natural. Was wondering about the liz earle shampoo? Has anyone had cancer and have any recommendations?

I know the Lush solid shampoo bars are suitable as I get them for a friend in the same situation. There are certain ingredients she will need to stay clear of but I don't actually know what they are. I got a Lush Times for my friend initially as it lists the ingredients and she just picked out what she wanted... The ingredients are also listed on the website if that's any use to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

the Irish Cancer Society may have a list they could give you?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

the Irish Cancer Society may have a list they could give you?

Thanks lol didnt even think of them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Jocasta

If you go to a health store they should have a good range of natural shampoos. I use natural shampoos as my scalp is very sensitive and will react to a lot of the pharmacy brands, I currently use TheraNeem's Neem shampoo. It smells kinda weird but its really good! the conditioner also is great and actually smells lovely and sweet.

My hair also has at stages thinned alot in the past when I'm stressed, and I used Faith in Nature's Rosemary shampoo in those cases. Rosemary is meant to promote hair growth by stimulating the scalp, I found it quite good. Burt's Bees also do a range of shampoos, but in my experiences they smelt wonderful, but didn't perform as well as the others mentioned.

With natural shampoos often they don't foam up as much cause they don't have sodium laurel sulphate etc, so they can seem a bit strange at first, but once you get used to that its grand!

Hope that might help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I know two people who had cancer and both used baby shampoo on their new growth hair, both found fine on their sensitive scalps (one had had an op in her skull so she has a big scar running across her hairline and back into her ear and she said baby shampoo was (is - she still uses it!) great).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

My sister uses goat's milk shampoo, which she finds really good as she has a severe scalp condition that demands the mildest of shampoos. Goat's milk is lovely in beauty products! She buys it from Roseacre Soaps in Wexford by mail order...www.roseacresoaps.com

Advertisement