Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

802.11 e How do I check?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭

I have a Dell laptop and Belkin router. The router says it supports 802.11n. The Dell wireless card also says it does. However, how can I be sure they are actually using it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I have a Dell laptop and Belkin router. The router says it supports 802.11e. The Dell wireless card also says it does. However, how can I be sure they are actually using it?

Thanks.

You can check in device manager under Adapters. It should have the name of the wireless device. Or you can check the spec's of your machine online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Vanbis wrote: »
    You can check in device manager under Adapters. It should have the name of the wireless device. Or you can check the spec's of your machine online.
    Device manager / Adapters isn't 100% clear.

It just tells me it's the Dell Wireless 1397 card. There's a bunch of properties available to see but none confirm the communication protocol being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Sorry meant to say I was looking to check they both support 802.11n.

Right here's an update. I went into my router console and it said it was doing 802.11g. I switched it to 802.11n and my laptop could not connect!

I had to go back to the router console via my smart phone and switch it back to 802.11n.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Advertisement