Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Guitar!

Options
  • 13-12-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hello guys,

I know this mightn't be the most relevant thread in this forum but I thought it would be most effective in this forum.

The Ambience Affair (who supported Lisa Hannigan last Friday) had their Fender Thinline '69 Dark Mahogany Telecaster stolen from the Savoy. :mad:

Picture: http://pic.twitter.com/y1NWshSA

If you have seen this guitar, hear of anyone selling a similar guitar, or even advise anyone looking for a guitar at the moment - please contact me.

Thanks for any help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hello guys,

I know this mightn't be the most relevant thread in this forum but I thought it would be most effective in this forum.

The Ambience Affair (who supported Lisa Hannigan last Friday) had their Fender Thinline '69 Dark Mahogany Telecaster stolen from the Savoy. :mad:

Picture: http://pic.twitter.com/y1NWshSA

If you have seen this guitar, hear of anyone selling a similar guitar, or even advise anyone looking for a guitar at the moment - please contact me.

Thanks for any help guys.

Have they been convicted of stealing the guitar or are you just posting photos of suspects?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I removed the picture of the alleged suspects. If anyone has information on the guitar, they can contact the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

evilivor wrote: »
    Have they been convicted of stealing the guitar or are you just posting photos of suspects?

CCTV hasn't been widely released but from the description of the issue the CCTV footage clearly shows them taking it. But I have no first hand information on that. Sorry if that was inflammatory on my part.

[As an afterthought] I wouldn't have thought that the Gaurdi would have given the guys the image or let them post it themselves unless they were certain of it but I could be very wrong. Again, apologies <sheepish>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

How could somebody walk out of a nightclub with a guitar??

The most I've ever stolen from a nightclub was one of those fancy Carlsberg pint glasses......

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Me too, or maybe a poster! :p It would seem it was a back door situation and no one was paying attention to said back door.

I think there's been a bouncer there for all the other subsequent gigs now though.:cool::cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement