Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starhawk

Options
  • 13-12-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I got an e-mail this evening with a code for the Starhawk Beta. It is downloading at the moment. I put lots of hours into Warhawk a few years ago. Loved flying around the levels in the Warhawk. I haven't been following any news about Starhawk but I'm interested to see how it has come along.

Anyone else playing the Beta?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yep, got my code today. Just tried connecting to a game there, PS3 crashed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Played two games and hated it

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I have two US codes if anyone wants it...? I lost interest after a mate of mine telling me it's awful and it plays like Section 8 in third person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm dunno guys, i didn't like it at first.. Now though.... It's getting it's claws into me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I got an e-mail this evening with a code for the Starhawk Beta. It is downloading at the moment. I put lots of hours into Warhawk a few years ago. Loved flying around the levels in the Warhawk. I haven't been following any news about Starhawk but I'm interested to see how it has come along.

Anyone else playing the Beta?

Warhawk as in the classic PS1 game? Now that brings back some memories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

deathrider wrote: »
    Warhawk as in the classic PS1 game? Now that brings back some memories!

It's also out for PS3. Came with a bluetooth headset if memory serves me correctly. Is also online multiplayer only. Although, I do remember having a crappy 1 v 1 match with a buddy of mine offline :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It's also out for PS3. Came with a bluetooth headset if memory serves me correctly. Is also online multiplayer only. Although, I do remember having a crappy 1 v 1 match with a buddy of mine offline :/

Ah, so it's a remake/reboot situation? I didn't even here about that. Must investigate, just because I loved the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

deathrider wrote: »
    Ah, so it's a remake/reboot situation? I didn't even here about that. Must investigate, just because I loved the original.

Warhawk on PS3 is nothing like Warhawk on PS1. I played the hell out of Warhawk on PS1, loved it. But didnt give Warhawk on PS3 the light of day. Its like a Battlefield multiplayer game with tanks, jets and what have you. Im not even sure if it has a singleplayer campaign, and it doesnt have those awesome FMV scenes the original has! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Warhawk on PS3 is amazingly good.... haven't had much time to play starhawk, but it looked stunning and was very fun for hte hour or two i did play it.

This game is coming out on friday, anyone getting it?

edit: All map packs will be free!!! :D

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/08/starhawk-will-have-free-map-packs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was in the beta a good few weeks back it is really good, one of the best online games on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i was reading some of the reviews. nearly all praising the online multiplayer. just taking points off because of the single player mode and lack of story (single player basically a tutorial for multiplayer)

i think i may get this, i have not played the beta, but i used to play alot of COD online till MW3 came out. maybe this will fill the void.

Playing the single player story today as the servers are still not up until tomorrow. I'm really enjoying it, so far it is a long tutorial but thats ok by me as it doesn't stop and show you a wall of text every minute like many tutorials but it still has to teach you how to fight, use vehicles, flight/space combat, build bases, collect resources.

It is a third person/tower defense/RTS game but very enjoyable once you get the hang of building.

Defo picking this up tomorrow cant wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

loved warhawk, might pick this up

This game is boss! Defo best multiplayer I've played in years!!! If any of yous are up for some competitive or coop PSN: Naughtix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I really enoyed Warhawk when it came out. Made for some really fun online play, and I wouldn't consider myself much of a multiplayer guy.

Haven't heard much about the new one, will have to check it out though. I loved capture the flag in Warhawk. Booting away in the jeep while tanks and planes are trying to get you. Great craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

when i redeemed my network pass for starhawk I got warhalk ps1 classic for free.

sheehy83 wrote: »

Awesome! Cheers a lot mate! This game got loads of free stuffs :D I got two multiplayer skins, two Co-Op maps, digital Warhawk PS1 game when I picked up the game and now this! Oh, and all map packs dlc will be free when they release \:D/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Do you have to accept the online user agreement every time you turn this game on or is it a bug on my end??

I'm lost with the multiplayer on this.
    I'm just getting insta-killed as soon as I get out of that stupid pod thing.There just seems to be somebody waiting on me everytime I spawn.
    Anybody any tips on starting out???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just picked it up today. Loved warhawk so looking forward to giving it a go over the weekend. Psn: LiquidGoldMonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

caspa307 gimmie an add im loving this game

Advertisement