Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inactive members - Removal

Options
  • 13-12-2011 9:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As most know we got quite a few inactive members in the clan. I'm going to start to remove members that are inactive for over a month as needed to make up more space in the clan trying to hold us around the 90 to 95 member mark (90 tier 5+ players = 3 CW games a night).

Currently I've removed:
    IronSoviet (last game 28/10/11)
    sausageandeggs (last game 22/08/11)
    Purescouse1 (alt account of Purescouse when he got a 24h ban)

I've sent a message to the two players to let them know they are welcome back if they decide to start playing again. The same message will go out to any other members removed as we go along.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I'll post up the list i did later , see if you guys agree with the 20 odd names

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

How do you determine inactivity ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ponster wrote: »
    Two ways, first I use the WoT CW tool (it flags members that are away for at least 10 days). Then I go and check their WoT profile page, it got listed "last time updated" which is the last time they were online and played a game.

Then from this I look at tier of tanks (i.e. I'd rather remove a person with a T5 tank then a T10 tank as the T10 makes us look tougher for anyone looking up the clan :P ) and make the final list for removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ponster wrote: »

If you look at the clan list on wot, click on a players name, and have a look:

185303.png

The part I've highlighted shows the last time the players stats were updated - i.e the last time they played a round.

Garethn99, iScream, IRL_Hawkeye, Kedaha, iScream, Potter63, Shiminay, Shtanto, UncleSeano, WondaBoy, Wozza_ (May ffs!!!!) would be the ones I can see in need of immediate attention IMO.

There are a good few that haven't been active since the start of November, but I'd give them until the start of January to see if they become active again.

Personally I wouldn't give a crap what tanks they have, as it really won't make any difference as to what clan we'd face in CW, and a free spot is of more use to us than an inactive Maus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Personally I wouldn't give a crap what tanks they have, as it really won't make any difference as to what clan we'd face in CW, and a free spot is of more use to us than an inactive Maus.
    I disagree for two reasons:
    1. Tier 5< vs. Tier 5> for chips
    2. Tier X vs <Tier X (when a clan look at us if we look scarier it is less likely they'll go for us over another clan)
    Hence if I'm removing people I'd rather remove a guy with a T6 over a T10 as both are inactive but the T10 makes us look scarier for when a clan need to make a call between two fights at the same time.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    I disagree for two reasons:
    1. Tier 5< vs. Tier 5> for chips
    2. Tier X vs <Tier X (when a clan look at us if we look scarier it is less likely they'll go for us over another clan)
    Hence if I'm removing people I'd rather remove a guy with a T6 over a T10 as both are inactive but the T10 makes us look scarier for when a clan need to make a call between two fights at the same time.

Any clans that have a decent amount of members would play us regardless of it it said we had 20 tier 10's or 15.

We only seem to be doing 2 matches per night, so really only 30 chips are required (60 in total, due to tank resting or whatever its called). Its a moot point with the amount of members we have. If we only had 50 members it may be an issue.

My opinion anyway. I'd rather the dead wood was removed so we have mostly a clan with active members.

We currently got 92 chips; any chips committed to a map are frozen for 24h (i.e. they are only available every second day). The final chips have only become active as of the last 24h though as TIID members have joined us and entered into the 24h cooldown so going forward we're scheduling 3 fights a night (1 early 6pm, 2 late 7pm for tonight); final rotation on maps to be agreed.

We currently got 92 chips; any chips committed to a map are frozen for 24h (i.e. they are only available every second day).

I know. I stated that above (for 30 chips per day, 60 are needed).

If you want to keep it at 90, and then you can place 3 sets of chips per day.

But personally I'd still rather recruit, than hang on to dead wood. More beneficial in the long run.

You should definitely look at Wozza_ to be removed at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

recruiting is not a problem. you only need space for the people you are recruiting and 10 spots for this is fine. remove players then as needed

wozza_ 31/05/11
    Shtanto 23/09/11
    Shiminay 30/09/11
    Kedaha 28/08/11
    IRL_Hawkeye 12/09/11

Removed tonight taking us to 89 members/88 chips (it did not update as I expected and I took one more then I intended :o ).

• Advertisement

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    recruiting is not a problem. you only need space for the people you are recruiting and 10 spots for this is fine. remove players then as needed
    Get me the people and I'll keep on removing people, honestly it is simple as that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

here is the list i drew up , what u guys think?

Paddy's list:
    d4rk4ng3l6666 - 16.12.2011 17:20
    daigo75 - 06.12.2011 02:21
    damien73 - 04.08.2011 21:48 (removed)
    Davyblue - 16.12.2011 18:10
    exbuzzz - 03.12.2011 23:55
    garethn99 - 19.10.2011 23:21 (removed)
    irishalan3005 - 16.12.2011 19:28
    IRL_Hawkeye - Done
    iScream - 22.10.2011 03:27 (Due to IS-7 I'll keep him for now but he's on the short list)
    potter63 - 15.10.2011 19:19 (removed)
    Shiminay - Done
    sausageandeggs - Done
    wozza_ - Done
    Zoxxer - 09.11.2011 23:31 (removed)
    Wakka - Not in clan any more
    WondaBoy - 14.10.2011 00:15 (removed)
    rob1779 - 13.12.2011 22:38
    Rakanisheu - 12.12.2011 00:06
    purescouse1 - Done

This puts us at 84 members atm and I believe 83 chips (need the removed players chips to unfreeze to confirm).

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Dont know if I should be posting here ' to defend my position'.
    The only reason I havent been at clan games is cause of work/ girlfriend yelling that she hates tanks.

Also my tanks kinda suck balls for clan games (though I love them).

I still try to show up as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

you need to work on that ... ideally you want the girlfriend to LIKE tanks and suck balls.

BigEejit wrote: »
    you need to work on that ... ideally you want the girlfriend to LIKE tanks and suck balls.

If its one or the other im afraid only one will win out.......tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

More culling is needed as we are at 99 members now

More culling is needed as we are at 99 members now
    Problem is there are not many to cull now; I did a check last night as we had hit 95 and beyond iScream all the people were active in November or December (that had not been on for the last 10 days).

Which takes us back to the original proposal at the merge; either CW split off for new CW clan or move people to a second clan for leveling up (which means they need to leave B-IE and join the second clan).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There's always the 40 odd members who never replied to my post. People may be active in-game but they have to show that they're present on boards.ie to remain part of the clan IMHO. This is the only way to get information to people who are active daily when things are discussed/decided in TS.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056479970

Problem is there are not many to cull now; I did a check last night as we had hit 95 and beyond iScream all the people were active in November or December (that had not been on for the last 10 days).

Which takes us back to the original proposal at the merge; either CW split off for new CW clan or move people to a second clan for leveling up (which means they need to leave B-IE and join the second clan).

Along with what Ponster is saying, I think they have to show they are active within the clan, not just in the game.

There's guys that are on quite a lot that I've never seen in a clan battle or platoon tbh

It would surely be preferable to get rid of those guys and replace them with ones that would be active within the clan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

probably need to set up B-IE 2 anyway at some stage, so it might as well be now.
    new members, inactive clan wars members and people who just want to grind up to tier 10 before they play clan wars could go here.

I agree with the B-IE2 idea, im still grinding my jagpanther (but loving it)

And im 10k xp away from t-44!

Advertisement