Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas present ideas ?

• 13-12-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

for 14 year old boy and 16 year old girl,

please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

What's the budget?

I've got 16 and 14 year old boys so I'll sound out the 16 year old lad to see if he knows what girls are into. My lads got some vouchers for sports shops last year and they loved them especially as they were able to use them in the sales.

One thing I've noticed about 15/16 year old boys and girls is that they love to get money so they can go shopping for clothes, toiletries etc.

Have they hobbies or interests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

Not really sure about the 14 year old boy to be honest but I was sixteen myself not so long ago.

At sixteen she's just really hitting the 'grown up' age.. don't be tempted to fob her off with bath sets, I'm sure she'll get plenty. My favourites were always book vouchers and make up vouchers (in that order).
    It might be nice to get her a piece of jewellery.. My auntie got me a gorgeous charm bracelet for christmas when I was sixteen, with different dogs on it (cause she knows I'm really really into animals and dogs are my favourite) and I loved it and still do. Depending what your budget is of course, but there's lots of reasonable jewellers out there. If you know her taste, she'll appreciate you picking out something you know she'll like. It's a huge industry for a reason.. alot of us really like jewellery gifts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Mac makeup for the girl. I got my niece some Lady GaGa Mac set in Mac in Vegas last week. Cannot go wrong with make up I suppose. I'm not sure if they have it in Debenhams.

For the young fella I don't know as it depends what he's into. Some games for the Xbox or PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

They don't sell Mac makeup in Waterford (very over rated anyway) but they have the Urban Decay counter in Debenhams now. Their "Naked Pallette" eye shadow box is gorgeous but maybe a tad expensive at around €40. I bought this a while ago for my 16 yr old, she loved it and all her friends either have it or want it.

http://www.urbandecay.com/naked-palette-eyeshadow/245,default,pd.html

Most 16 yr old girls I know would be delighted with vouchers for River Island or Debenhams where they can choose from makeup, perfume or clothes. Not sure regarding boys although cinema vouchers are a good option for both or money. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

for 14 year old boy and 16 year old girl,

please help

Depends on relation but if they are not your son or daughter vouchers for debenhams, book centre, river island, heroes, game stop etc always go down a treat. I would stay away from buying jewellery for the girl and wouldnt buy any clothes for them either. What you think is cool, mightnt be for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Odats wrote: »
    Mac makeup for the girl. I got my niece some Lady GaGa Mac set in Mac in Vegas last week. Cannot go wrong with make up I suppose. I'm not sure if they have it in Debenhams.

For the young fella I don't know as it depends what he's into. Some games for the Xbox or PS3.

cheers everyone, the mac makeup is a brill idea, and the sports shop voucher for boy sounds great,
    thanks again everybody for ideas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Peppa Pig?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sully wrote: »
    Peppa Pig?!

Ha thought you where gonna say kids love Waterford and Tramore calendars these days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ha thought you where gonna say kids love Waterford and Tramore calendars these days.

They do! Its very educational you see Seany, as you can explain to the kids the various different locations, the type of scenery etc. Its a gift not just for the adults, but as you can see, for kids also! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

the 14 year old boy..

Xbox or Playstation steering wheel and pedals
    Bike
    Soccer/GAA Jersey
    Phone
    Meccano http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meccano-Multi-Models-Model-Set/dp/B00008VU7N/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1323878828&sr=8-8

Ipad
    laptop
    electric scooter

failing any of the above try the hobby shop on the quay for ideas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

get em a slab of cans 25 euro in tesco and some gift vouchers for golden discs ya can,t go wrong there it,ll be good session with some bangin tunes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Sully wrote: »
    Peppa Pig?!

now now :(

Advertisement