Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sangenic hygiene + refills

Options
  • 13-12-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi there,

I bought one of the nappy disposal bins, and I have to admit it's amazingly useful, I really regret not having one the first time around. However, when I first bought the bin the refills were 20 euro for 3 from Tesco. I went in there this week, and they seem to have gone up to 30 euro! This seems outrageous to me.

My question is, were they always 30 euro, and I just happened to buy a few that were on offer? Or have they just gone up? I'm hoping someone who has had one for longer than I have will know.

Megan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The 3 pack of the basic (green pack) is 14euro in smythes at the mo. I never buy the hygenic ones, the other basic ones work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

When we run out of liners, we just put everything in a nappy bag and then into the sangenic bin - works just as well and good bit cheaper to use nappy bags. We always seem to fly through the liners!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

we got one for upstairs changing and the equiv. angelcare one from argos for downstairs which was much cheaper (and cheaper for refills as they seem to last a lot longer) and imho, works a lot better than the sangenic one, to the point where as soon as we have finished up our sangenic refills the next time i'm in argos i'm going to pick up a 2nd one. :)

i thought the sangenic twisty thing was a great idea when we first saw it, but it's just a gimmick at the end of the day. our angelcare one is in the dining room and you can't smell anything from it at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Amazon, Amazon, Amazon.

Often on offer, you can get a 3 pack for £10 and if you spend £25 in general the delivery is free and quick.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Sangenic-Disposal-Cassettes/dp/B002GP7JTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323938556&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Ok, I know there are places cheaper than tesco to buy them, Boots is too, for example, however my question still stands, is the Tesco price supposed to be 30 euro, or has it recently gone up??? Is there anyone reading this who has bought them from Tesco regularly?

Nappy bags never worked well for me, even leaving one in the house overnight would stink the place up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No its a mistake.

Suffice to say, the prices are entered on the system in a country where English is not the first language. It should be €16.59, which is still not cheap. The stores have called it in.

Works both ways though, the Colgate 2in1 Whiting toothpaste is €0.69 and the 'On the go' sippy cups are €1.06!!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Thanks wmpdd!

Advertisement