Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

These young scumbags

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Each generation worse than the preceding....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

dan1895 wrote: »
    Sure all they need is a hug.

Wait, hug's not the word, beating is the word!

I know a great bunch of Chinese lads form another thread who would love to meet these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

Ah walk around knacker Dublin and observe people out in their pj's shopping with your dole money at 3 in the afternoon on a weekday. What a fair society we have developed oh no wait we've actually become an extension to working class industrialess Britian.
    I'm living in Zuirch and I can tell you that people have respect for their nation you won't find people out up to no good. Activities are plentiful and yeh unemployment isn't a problem but I don't think Dublins social problems are that linked this sort of ghetto ****e has been going on for years.
    Since the death I guess f the strong mammy given the kids a good hiding for stepping out of line. Bit different now when the ma is just as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

society we reflect our social background

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Yup happens round my way on a regular enough basis, bins set on fire, phone box smashed up (happened again a few nights ago - one single phone box is keeping someone in a permanent job in eircom), a particular bus stop regularly gets the panes kicked out, etc etc... and that's before you get to the intimidation and that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Too many kids being farted out these days. We have been importing our cheap labour for years.
    No need for such a high birthrate.
    God forbid someone would tell Anto and Jacinta they couldnt have their 4rd child.
    You need a licence for a dog for feck sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

Too many kids being farted out these days. We have been importing our cheap labour for years.
    God forbid someone would tell Anto and Jacinta they couldnt have their 4rd child.
    Quantity over quality really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

It's a miracle,it's a miracle,child birth is a miracle.As the late Bill Hicks would say every single council estate and council flat is filling up with little miracles.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I think I saw them play the Cavern in '68. Crazy times, bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

This must have happened in a lower class area? Coolock perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

realies wrote: »
    Cien A wrote: »
    Going to the shop today I encountered these scumbags, only 8-10 years of age, who were causing trouble. They were waving a newspaper lit on fire at security guard at a Tesco entrance, they tried to break the lock on the bike next to mine(before I got them to fùck off) and then as I was leaving they set the base of a large tree on fire(which broke out into a large fire for a time, I'm assuming on dead leaves) but was dying out as I looked back.

It's truly disheartening to see such behaviour and especially at such a young age. I'm not sure who's to blame either for such anti-social behaviour.

Would such things occur in your areas, people of AH?[/QUOTE]

I blame the tescos there nothing but trouble ;):p

I blame the trees and the security guards myself..

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

Hey Im from the Northside............... Typical nasty comment

everyone knows there are no trees in the Northside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Ah shure dublin is greah!

Spare a euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

J K wrote: »
    You know what I blame this on the break down of?
    ..Society.

It's a good film, but I doubt they have seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cian A wrote: »
    Going to the shop today I encountered these scumbags, only 8-10 years of age, who were causing trouble. They were waving a newspaper lit on fire at security guard at a Tesco entrance, they tried to break the lock on the bike next to mine(before I got them to fùck off) and then as I was leaving they set the base of a large tree on fire(which broke out into a large fire for a time, I'm assuming on dead leaves) but was dying out as I looked back.

It's truly disheartening to see such behaviour and especially at such a young age. I'm not sure who's to blame either for such anti-social behaviour.

Would such things occur in your areas, people of AH?

I was gonna ask "Finglas" - but I can't think where there are any tree's left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

just wait till they are older then they will be causing real trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭braintoxic

Maybe they are from a disadvantaged area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I used to light fires all the time, sounds like its just boys being boys. Nothings changed they arent getting worse you where probably a crap kid who did what he was told and your just jealous you didnt have the crack.

We lit stuff on fire too. However, we had enough respect to not light trees in front of tesco on fire, because we weren't dickheads.

Of course, you're a troll anyway, so I don't know why I'm bothering to reply.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

padraig91 wrote: »
    just wait till they are older then they will be causing real trouble
    Elected to the Dail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

alproctor wrote: »
    little cnuts

i blame the parents

:)

As the veteran Portlaoise politician Joe "The Hesh" McCormack once said: "It's not the parents I blame, but the mothers and fathers.":)

Those little creeps are the spawn of people who knew just about enough to fcuk each other and become mothers and fathers. But by no stretch of the imagination could they ever be described as parents.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

When I was about 15 I was doing a few hours in a shop just outside of town (Dublin). It was Christmas eve, around 5pm. A group of 9-12 year old boys from the area came in and were asking for something I would have had to leave the till for. I called up the other worker from the back who attended to them, and once he was busy they gave a signal outside the door and 2 men ran in the door with balaclavas and guns and ransacked the place, putting a gun to my head and a knife to my neck. I couldn't believe that these little kids were involved.

It's not down to money. I grew up in a house where we had very little money. It's not down to living in a council estate. I live in a council estate with my 3 siblings and we would never do anything like that, nor would the many other young people in the estate.

It's how they are brought up. It's bad parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

When I was about 15 I was doing a few hours in a shop just outside of town (Dublin). It was Christmas eve, around 5pm. A group of 9-12 year old boys from the area came in and were asking for something I would have had to leave the till for. I called up the other worker from the back who attended to them, and once he was busy they gave a signal outside the door and 2 men ran in the door with balaclavas and guns and ransacked the place, putting a good to my head and a knife to my neck. I couldn't believe that these little kids were involved.

It's not down to money. I grew up in a house where we had very little money. It's not down to living in a council estate. I live in a council estate with my 3 siblings and we would never do anything like that, nor would the many other young people in the estate.

It's how they are brought up. It's bad parenting.

You need a license to have a dog yet you don't need a license to have kids.It might help control the scumbag population if people get prosecuted for continuing to pop out kid's that they can't or couldn't be bothered to control.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

I was gonna ask "Finglas" - but I can't think where there are any tree's left.

In the part of Finglas I lived, they would've set Tesco on fire...none of this poncin' round with tree's and newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

alproctor wrote: »
    little cnuts

i blame the parents

:)

I think this 1971 ditty says it best : *(please replace spoiled with a scumbag)

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
    I've got another puzzle for you
    Oompa Loompa doompadee dee
    If you are wise you will listen to me
    Who do you blame when your kid is a brat
    Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat?
    Blaming the kids is a lion of shame
    You know exactly who's to blame:
    The mother and the father!
    Oompa Loompa doompadee dah
    If you're not spoiled* then you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa Loompa doompadee do

Yes I do think Siamese Cats** are Scumbags
    **Replace Siamese Cat With Cúnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

Retarded comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

You don't need to be wealthy, comfortable or even employed to instill a sense of morality or responsbility into your children. As a very liberal-minded person, it's a harsh truth, but the parents are entirely to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Retarded comment.

But probably not wrong all the same.
    St.Spodo wrote: »
    As a very liberal-minded person, it's a harsh truth, but the parents are entirely to blame.

To a large degree yes, but not entirely. They sound old enough to know better, no matter how rubbish their parents are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

prinz wrote: »
    But probably not wrong all the same

Haha, well yeah it probably isn't far wrong. She shouldn't make assumptions like that though.....she seems to have some thing against Coolock.

Her birth parents must be from there or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its lazy parenting,its too easy to let the little urchins run amok than do anything about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

MugMugs wrote: »
    Down with this sort of thing..

careful now :D

Advertisement