Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assigned/No IP issue with Mac OS X [Magnet BB]

• 13-12-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Dunno if this is the right place for this, so apologies in advance if it is!

My girlfriend has a Macbook Air, and she uses my broadband connection at home [Magnet, 24mb]. The other day she said she couldn't get a connection. I checked the modem and the connection was fine. I checked the network settings on the Mac and it said there was an assigned IP and no internet connection. The assigned IP didn't look like the usual Magnet IP. It appeared to take the IP from her Wifi connection in her college.

This happened previously with her Windows lappy, and all I needed to do was do a repair on the connection to re-acquire an IP address. Is there any equivilant on Mac OS x? I can't seem to reset the IP on the connection, and I've deleted the college network profile.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!! :)

-A

Advertisement