Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas lights on local homes

Options
  • 13-12-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭

A few weeks ago I saw the first set of christmas lights appear on a house in the area over a porch or something, and I thought to myself there probably won't be as many of them to see this year as theyre expensive to buy and cost a fortune to run....

How wrong was I? In the last week theres been an explosion of mad light shows around the place, some people have gone bananas with them, and its brilliant

So, for the kids, and for the big kids like me and my other half, thanks to the dwellers in Littlepace, Castaheany and beyond who've obviously said feck the cost, and up yours recession - theyve made a lot of people smile!

have a good Christmas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I always drive home via Blackhorse Ave at least once in the week before Christmas. Slowly ideally as the lights can be quite entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I find the tastefully done outdoor lights are really nice (resemble what you see in all those American Christmas films, Home Alone etc) but I find a lot of Irish homes (particularly in the council estates) just seem to throw up the lights in no particular order and overload with too much lit up props etc so that they just look really tacky and garish.

The ones around Little Pace and Castaheany are done well though and are lovely to look at!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

athtrasna wrote: »
    I always drive home via Blackhorse Ave at least once in the week before Christmas. Slowly ideally as the lights can be quite entertaining!
    Me too. Theres an estate across from the Barracks with 2 houses that are amazingly tacky but brilliant.I think they went up the end of November :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'd be curious how much these push the bills up.

Love looking at them though. Some are a bit too Blackpool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

anniehoo wrote: »
    Me too. Theres an estate across from the Barracks with 2 houses that are amazingly tacky but brilliant.I think they went up the end of November :D

They are great houses. They really push it. Seems to be a bit of neighbourly rivalry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement