Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing

Options
  • 13-12-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where you can buy the heavier type of outside jackets?

Not lightweight waterproof stuff that rips easily but say the denim type of jackets camo and plain coloured.

I need something hard wearing that can stand snags on briers and thorns etc.

New stuff not used.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Duffy in galway has the jack pyke stuff. It's not on his web site but he has it in the shop, saw it toddy. Only reason I noticed is because I already have the jacket and it's a super bit of kit. It was the first bit of jack pyke I bought and it out preformed my expectations by a mile. Worn it in wind driven rain numerous times and not a bother. Good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

the area your in might get you shops closer to you

save on the driven!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

fodda wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can buy the heavier type of outside jackets?

Not lightweight waterproof stuff that rips easily but say the denim type of jackets camo and plain coloured.

I need something hard wearing that can stand snags on briers and thorns etc.

New stuff not used.

What county do you live in Fodda?
    Know a nice few shops in co cork with good gear.

Army naval stores Midleton.
    Cork outdoor angling and shooting centre stock Jack Pyke gear, Kinsale road rounabout Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

any army surplas shop will have what ya want. get yourself some army issue stuff, easy to get new and it'll last for years. got a brittish dpm smock last year myself and it gets well used, where i shoot most there is alot of barb wire and bushes to climb through and not a rip yet and still as waterproof as the day i got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

any army surplas shop will have what ya want. get yourself some army issue stuff, easy to get new and it'll last for years. got a brittish dpm smock last year myself and it gets well used, where i shoot most there is alot of barb wire and bushes to climb through and not a rip yet and still as waterproof as the day i got it[/QUOTE

+1 Kildare

Lots of good stuff here:D:D:D

http://armyshop.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Is there an army stores in galway area or mayo area?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

There used to be a good one in oughterard,as far as I know it's still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

fodda wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can buy the heavier type of outside jackets?...
    Fodda,
    Are your sorted?

Have they Carhart jackets in Ireland? These are the kind of jackets we'd wear on a jobsite - tough as nails.

They sell them in the sporting goods stores in the states as they are that durable. They come in some nice olive drab colors and black.

Let us know how you're making out.

Slan.

No .........i was going to try an Army store after xmas as next week in Galway would be murder:eek:......assuming there is one, but i will give next week a miss anywhere.

Struggling now as the phone number for the Army stores in Galway is gone..........any ideas for an Army stores in mayo galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Island sports in Castlebar?- probably do not do surplus stuff but good shop all the same.

Chiparus wrote: »
    Island sports in Castlebar?- probably do not do surplus stuff but good shop all the same.

Yes Island Sports is a fantastic shop with loads of gear but i want the old type of cotton/denim type jackets......maybe ex-Army stuff?

Advertisement