Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy ski poles in Cork city?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to buy ski poles in Cork city? I've checked Matthews website, Great Outdoor website and 53 Degrees North website and none of them have any listings for poles. Buying online usually incurs a hefty postage charge, understandably. I'm looking for 130cm Salomon Arctic Black for my brother for Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Try Jacksonsports in the north, they deliver free. Mahers on Oliver Plunkett St might have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Had a quick look, walking poles only it seems. Probably the same thing as ski poles but as they're a gift, can't take the risk! The Jackson Sports website is v. similar to Climateski, I wonder are they affiliated? Thanks for the link, also will check Mahers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I find Barrabes or telemark pyrenees excellent, postage is ok iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Thanks for those sites, they didn't have the specific poles he wanted though. Ended up ringing Snow+Rock in Dublin, bought the salomon poles there and he's picking up from the shop at the weekend.

Advertisement