Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoves for dummies

• 13-12-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking of getting a stove in a front room that is quite compact. It is about 10ft wide by 10 ft length and also has a high ceiling (10 ft too). The old fireplace that was there has been taken out and has been sheeted over with the same timber that is used for two presses, one in each of the alcoves of the chimney breast.
    How should I go about figuring out which stove is most suitable? Inset or other?
    The size of stove needed.
    The chimney has not been used in decades so as a first step should I get it cleaned?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JOBSOXO

Yes get it cleaned. I did some research on stoves & the feedback I got was that the insets do not throw out great heat. Got that from 2 people who had installed them.
    I went for a Waterford Stanley Oisin for a similar size room (ceilings are 8 foot) & it is great. The heat from it is more than enough & am glad I did not go any bigger. Not sure where you are located but I found Simons in Boyle is very good value after a fair bit of looking including up North.

Advertisement