Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned permanently from angling section

Options
  • 13-12-2011 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

there was a thread about fishery officers being insulted by the term bailiff. the thread was then locked before i replied. i opened a new thread fishery officers/bailiffs, and inserted a link to a uk authorities site where they call their officers bailiffs. i received a pm stating that my thread had been deleted and mentioned troublemakers being banned. i replied with the following pm as i felt agrieved with the tone of the pm, the threats of a ban for doing absolutely nothing but present the facts of uk naming of officers/bailiffs. heres my reply pm
    Would it not have been better to move it to the new thread, rather than deleting it. Joke, ban me??? I couldnt give a toss. I am a waterkeeper and I have no prob people calling me bailiff. Thats what I called them for years before I became one, without insulting them. Get a life and concentrate on the real issues in angling, a ban on naming specific areas/towns etc would be a better thing to sort. Armchair anglers with nout better to do-
    this issue could have been easily resolved with the initial pm made to me without the threat of banning, and if the original post was moved to the relevant section instead of being deleted. in my opinion i was banned by bitemybanger because he had his interest in the said thread and should have remained impartial being a mod. i have done alot for angling in my area inc waterkeeper patrols, lobbying waterways ireland for signage, and work hand in hand with the local ifi staff in my area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

this was the pm i received which i reacted to, note the bannining threat for which i had done nothing wrong but post a link to a reference uk authorities website-
    Ive deleted the thread you posted in relation to fisheries officer/bailiffs.
    Reason: there is an ongoing debate in help desk to put this issue to bed once and for all.

Theese type of threads also clog up the forum and generate negative vibes and will lead to users getting banned.

Cheers, B -
    i was threatened with a ban, rather than my post moved to the help desk, instead it was deleted, and i felt agrieved as i was stating facts and facts alone

this is my reply to bitemybanger-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75989466#post75989466
    i have posted my appeal in resolutions section, as this was not an 'attack' on anyone. i felt i was wrongly threatened with a ban for only posting a link to a factual link, and accused of having negative vibes. my remark of joke ban me??? was an aghast reaction to a mention of a ban. my remark of armchair anglers was in reaction to the whole post of bailiff/officers and that posters should have more important issues being talked about. if you had of pm a reply, instead of issuing a ban, i would have stated the above...-
    this is all i can add to the misunderstanding, and can only add that text reading can be taken from context, you can draw your own conclusions, i am a member on 8 other forums and have never received any ban/warnings from any of my posts

this is my reply from bitemybanger-
    Appeal away, there should be a link on the message but I'm fairly sure once admin see the PM you sent me it will earn you a site ban.
    And the personal attack is where you told me to "get a life" and referred to me as "an armchair angler with nout better to do"-

Good luck![/QUOTE
    my reply-
    get a life, maybe was ott. armchair angler's with nout better to do has been edited by you as 'angler'. theres no need to be so patronising 'appeal away' 'good luck'. id consider this as an attack on me... -
    i find this reply unacceptable from a mod and wish to have the mod investigated for his brash comments. i have appealed by the book, and this is the reply from the mod in question, which i find unacceptable behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I deleted the thread as you may or may not know there was an unresolved issue ongoing in the Help Desk on the exat same topic as the thread you posted. that issue has since been resolved.
    I sent you a PM letting you know why the thread was deleted and that there was an ongoing issue and this is the PM i recived back..
    Originally Posted by delsalmon
    Would it not have been better to move it to the new thread, rather than deleting it. Joke, ban me??? I couldnt give a toss. I am a waterkeeper and I have no prob people calling me bailiff. Thats what I called them for years before I became one, without insulting them. Get a life and concentrate on the real issues in angling, a ban on naming specific areas/towns etc would be a better thing to sort. Armchair anglers with nout better to do.

I see this as a personal attack... "Get a life"..."armchair anglers with nout better to do"??

At no point in the PM i sent you was i "threatening" you or anyone else but meerly pointing out the fact that its the type of topic that never ends well.

as from above from original post, my comment refers to 'armchair anglers', bite my banger has edited this to 'angler' to refer to himself. i have rechecked all my pms and it is clear i have entered 'anglers'. thus i wish to appeal my banning from a mod who is prepared to alter my texts to prove his point of view. i find this a serious question mark over the mod in question, and i will be copying all extracts for legal proceedings if my name is tarred from an unwarranted banning due to a mod that will edit my pms for his own ego

• Advertisement

i appealed by the book, your reply comments were offensive to me, instead of working out the issues. your edit version i also find offensive. i have pm'd you regarding the issues and your reply i do not consider satisfactory

'armchair anglers' referred to any posters posting for the sake of it without having a proper insight of the realities of the issue, which if you had of brought to light with me i would have explained, but instead this was taken as a personal attack on yourself? and then edited to 'angler' in your pm to refer to yourself, which was not the case. i have already stated in pms to yourself that 'get a life' was ott. this is the only issue i that i was ott, and was not put in a public thread, but as a pm to yourself, and as a mod i would have hoped you had thicker skin to react to that, being in the position of a moderator, and the flack that comes with that position in all forums. moderator is a term meaning to moderate, stand back, and issue warnings if abusive or off-topic discussions are mentioned in 'open' threads. i therefore was not abusive to you or other site members on an open thread. you have reacted imo to reading my pm wrongly and going ott yourself

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

delsalmon sitebanned for making legal threats against Boards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement