Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embedded Videos

Options
  • 13-12-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Embedded videos are simply showing up as blank squares with a tiny picture in the top left corner. My primary concern is youtube videos (which I embed in my blog & have been able to see fine until now), but I think other embedded videos aren't show up either. I updated Java & Adobe reader, still nothing. Any suggestions? cheers

EDIT: I am using internet explorer but when I use Chrome I can see the videos. I would use Chrome but I much prefer IE due to simple differences on my pc. cheers again

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Got an example?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Here is the first place I thought of finding an embedded video so here we go

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056480333

what I see is

embeddedvideoproblem.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It works for me in IE at least. I'd suggest updating your Flash plugins if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Are you by any chance running ad blocker in I.E. If i turn ad blocker on for boards i get exactly what your screenie shows.

No, it's a raw and unaltered install of IE9 since I would never otherwise start it.

• Advertisement

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Are you by any chance running ad blocker in I.E. If i turn ad blocker on for boards i get exactly what your screenie shows.

how do i do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Apology's spear, I should have put in that my post was aimed at the o.p

I just updated my flash player and java etc again. I updated my internet explorer and updated some things on the computer than needed to be updated. Still no luck, any reason why or suggestions as to how to improve it?

I don't suppose you'd be too happy to get a packet capture through Wireshark, would you?

Otherwise, have you updated your anti-virus very recently?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have this same issue, av is nod32, it updates automatically. Had put it down to a browser issue, and forgot about it. With my internet speeds youtube is just a tease. Takes 30 mins to download a 3 min clip, so I dont bother. :)

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    I don't suppose you'd be too happy to get a packet capture through Wireshark, would you?

Otherwise, have you updated your anti-virus very recently?

I don't know what the first one means and secondly no I have not. I have updated 22 things in total.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement