Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night rate meters not working

Options
  • 13-12-2011 11:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hi

My most recent electricity bill was four times its normal level.

I live in an apartment and use storage heaters. The storage heaters are not really working (i.e. there's little or no heat coming from them).

The meters in my block are located in a communal area. I looked at the meters at 02.00 this morning and none of them are switching to the night rate (i.e. the "day meter" is moving the whole time).

I bumped into a neighbour earlier today who had just opened a massive electricity bill. There could be 150 units affected by this.

I'm with Bord Gais but they've told me on Monday that the issue has been logged with the ESB and that the ESB would call me but I've yet to hear anything.

What should I do - Wait for a call from ESB?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Orla

Hi Sean,

If you haven't been contacted by ESB Networks yet, then certainly you can contact them yourself. Their contact number is 1850 372 757.

You should advise that you have an order logged with your supplier, and your waiting for an appointment. They should be able to provide this to you.

However, if you are having any difficulties at all, it is your supplier that you should contact.

Thanks
    Orla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again,

Just to add to what Orla said, here is a contact details page for ESB Networks.

Regards :)
    Una

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Thanks for your help, Folks.

Whatever controls the timing of the system had given up the ghost and was replaced yesterday. ESB didn't need me to give them access so they didn't call me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thanks for letting us know! :)

Hope everything is rectified now.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement