Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Commuting to Dublin- where to live?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I would really appreciate your advice on the following. Having just recently returned from 3 years in London, where my partner and I continued a long term relationship- I've got a job in Wexford, near Enniscorthy (Ballymurn). The job will sometimes involve travelling to waterford (Cork Road). My partner works around Liffey Valley.

Any advice on where to live that would be half way for us both? We're keen to live together again... Would rather favour easy transport links to Dublin- We are both from Galway and often go there at the weekends...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

greystones. its pretty much exactly half way between ballymoney and liffey valley. or tara hill and let her worry about it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bess

Thanks- actually edited- it's Ballymurn..not ballymoney as I originally posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gorey would be your best bet,an hour (or less depending on traffic around Dublin) would take you to Liffey Valley.
    It's less than 20 mins to Ballymurn from Gorey using the R741 (avoids the traffic in Enniscorthy)

There's also handy train and bus links from Gorey & even an early commuter train to Dublin.

A friend of mine travels to Galway from Gorey regularly and he finds the quickest way is to head for Dublin and take the motorway West (M4/M6) ,it works out at about 3 hours.He used to travel via Carlow,Portlaoise and that took 4 hours.

Advertisement