Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittant UPC Dublin City Center

• 14-12-2011 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭

Is anyone else having issues with UPC Broadband Dropping in the city center?

mine has been dropping since sunday and taking between 1 min & 5 mins to recover

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Where abouts in the city center? Used to live in Temple Bar and got occasional disconnections, usually more frequent certain days, some of the areas in the city center have down poor cabling and the inability to dig them up and relay new ones, thats the spiel I got anyhow.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

where abouts are you? I'm in the Phibsboro area and have been having this problem yesterday and today, upc say there is a problem in the area since they moved to a new cable there overnight, they are trying to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I'm not having connection problems here (Dublin 11, not far from Phibsborough) but email is giving an error and is only connecting intermittently.
    Tested it by sending email to myself and some are arriving as much as an hour later.

Anyone else having similar email problems with UPC today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

yoyo,
    Living near dorset st. normally the connection is 100% just since about half way through sunday.

--los--
    Sounds like your having the same issue as me, i called them this morning and it's been perfect today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

johnciall wrote: »
    yoyo,
    Living near dorset st. normally the connection is 100% just since about half way through sunday.

--los--
    Sounds like your having the same issue as me, i called them this morning and it's been perfect today

I'm very near dorset st myself so it was probably the same issue, mine has only just come back late this evening but is perfect now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Also near Dorset St and it seems to have been a little better last night. Constantly dropping all day Sunday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Rancid wrote: »
    I'm not having connection problems here (Dublin 11, not far from Phibsborough) but email is giving an error and is only connecting intermittently...
    And... seems to be working normally now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sh!t slow tonight in D11....

Download 0.3Mbps (s/b 20 !!!)
    Upload 1.8Mbps (about right)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Esel wrote: »
    Sh!t slow tonight in D11....

Download 0.3Mbps (s/b 20 !!!)
    Upload 1.8Mbps (about right)
    Yip, not dropping several times a day but sub 1 Mbps speeds and wildly varying ping times leave a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Update on above:

Replaced Wireless adapter (card) and all is well. UPC weren't much help though.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement