Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial Basic Training

• 14-12-2011 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hello,
    Getting a motorbike in the new year, regarding IBT are yhey all around the €600 mark or are there any cheaper one around Dublin and surronding areas

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If a couple of ye go together ye might get it cheaper. I'm in Waterford so can't help you out about dublin. One of the lads will pop on and let you know.
    What bike you hoping to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

seanybiker wrote: »
    If a couple of ye go together ye might get it cheaper. I'm in Waterford so can't help you out about dublin. One of the lads will pop on and let you know.

Kawasaki ninja 250r, cant wait!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Want to do IBT first then get a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Rich11 wrote: »
    seanybiker wrote: »

Yes, you have to do the IBT before you can go out on the road on your own.

Regarding price, it does vary around Dublin. You will have to shop around. I have heard of people getting it for under 500.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

€600 is way too expensive, like others have said it should be under the €500 mark by yourself and cheaper if you pair up with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Ha, that was me 2 months ago.

Know nothing about the pricing of IBT in Dublin, but i did it in Clare for €430, so it's definitely possible to get it under the €600 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Ha, that was me 2 months ago.

Know nothing about the pricing of IBT in Dublin, but i did it in Clare for €430, so it's definitely possible to get it under the €600 mark.

its a 16 hour course, can you do it in 2 days,

hows the ninja,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

PM'd you Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

its a 16 hour course, can you do it in 2 days,

hows the ninja,

Think i did mine in 3 days. Third one was 6 hours straight on the bike. When you're not used to it it's tough going.

Ah tis going well now i must say. Not getting it out of the garage much these days but whenever it does it never disappoints. Plenty of pull for a 250cc and it's nice and light too. Confidence inspiring on some of the more winding roads. Personally, i think for your first bike you can't go far wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rickyflan

Hello,
    Getting a motorbike in the new year, regarding IBT are yhey all around the €600 mark or are there any cheaper one around Dublin and surronding areas

HI there, was looking around about two months ago and was looking for a cheaper option but to be honest they are all in and around the same price for any decent ibt courses. I went with the airport driving school and did my ibt course with an instructor called Mark Coleman. I can't recommend Mark highly enough he was absolutely fantastic and made the whole experience really fun and not boring (as the thoughts of the theory part for the ibt for a whole day was putting me off). The professionalism of the airport driving school was brilliant and I'd say to any newbies out there don't be put off by price as your pretty much going to have to pay the same price everywhere. Best of luck. Happy biking!

Ricky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement