Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangers working in the home with a baby

Options
  • 14-12-2011 6:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    firstly a note to the mods ; not sure of this is the correct forum for this thread so please feel free to move it if there is a more appropriate place for it!

Anyway i am looking to get cleaner into the house for a couple of hours per week. I dont know anyone with a cleaner so have no one that will come with a personal recommendation. I have a 6 months old son. So i was wondering, since this person will be s stranger and Will likely just be doing this little cleaning job on the side(maybe 2 or 3 hours per wk) would it be appropriate for me to ask for some sort of credentials such as passport/driving licence or perhaps proof of address or something along those lines? Im not really sure here, just throwing ideas about. Or am i being ott even thinking this?! Iv never had someone like this, eg a stranger, do work in my home on a consistent basis, i.e.weekly, So the issues i have are mostly relating to trust. For example so i could have some kind of come back if there was some issue relating to the baby or if the person stole or something like that. As i said my precious son is another factor butt just want to make it clear that i wouldn't be leaving this person alone with my child or have them care for him or anything but still....
    So just wondering if anyon has any experience of anything like this and can tell me what is/isn't appropriate and how to go about asking for i.d or references-if this is even acceptable for a job of this nature. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

If I was getting a cleaner I would get a recommended one or at least somebody whose references can be verified. Anybody who has come into my house are people that I can trust to be left alone if I had to nip out. You might find people you know would love a cleaning job - ask around your friends/family first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Like anyone applying for any job they should at least be able to give you some references. People you could ring and ask about the employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Thanks. Like i say i dont know anyone, have asked around so the only option is a stranger. Id never be leaving them alone with the baby, its just imo you can never be too careful.
    Will just ask for references and some form of i.d aswel i think as you can never be too sure with references. For al you know they could be giving a friends number to sing their praises :((i know people who have done this before).
    Thanks again, will get cracking on it after xmas.

Advertisement