Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda denied bail

• 14-12-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

www.irishexaminer.com
    The cop who tried to pervert the course of justice by moving the cctv camera in Waterford must stay in jail while awaiting his appeal against serverty of sentence and judgeing by comments made at the hearing he may well regret lodgeing an appeal.
    There was a thread on the original case which has mysteriously disappeared,it this a case of state censorship on boards i wonder.Mods.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We explained on the previous thread that it is against site rules to discuss an ongoing court case as it can leave the site wide open for legal action if it is discovered that the thread influenced a member of the jury for example. But hey seeing as it's Christmas we'll go with your reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

There was a thread after the case had finished so the ongoing trial arguement is null and void,so where is that thread,is it just i can´t find it or was it removed and if so why was it removed.As far as this appeal is concerned there will be no jury to influence only a panel of judges who probably do not even know about the exsistance of board´s.ie.If you think for one minute there is no state censorship in Ireland,I hope Santa brings you something nice when he pop´s down your chimney this christmas.

For what it's worth if I thought for one second there was censorship on this forum I would stand down as a mod.

BTW Condescension really never looks good. Best to keep it in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Hey seen as its christmas and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

You really believe there's no ****ing censorship on boards?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wet-paint wrote: »
    You really believe there's no ****ing censorship on boards?

Mod Note

Sorry for the delay, I was counting all the cash I was being paid to censor stuff. Then I woke up, realised I was dreaming, I was not being paid a tap, and that indeed nothing was censored but someone simply cocked up and didn't look hard enough for the discussions (multiple of them on Boards about this). I think we are owed an apology, as we were hurt deep. Plus, my hopes were up up as I was assuming I was being paid for something and was wondering where the hell the money was. I was really cut deep there. It made me want to watch wet paint dry on a wall, I was that cut up about it. :eek: :rolleyes:

Indeed we do stop threads which can result in legal action against any stupid post/poster or even Boards. It is a well known fact you have to be very careful what you say about on going court cases, and newspapers have been brought to court for silly reporting resulting in trials being collapsed. An online discussion forum anything can be said which could damage an ongoing court case, cause it to collapse and result in the poster(s) and Boards.ie being open to legal action.

So for the sake of a few peoples sad egos, we close such threads until the court case is finished where the discussion is then resumed. A perfect example is the said case we are being accused of censoring. Most decent, understanding and half witted people fully understand why we have to close such threads, but there are some who couldn't give two fecks and go ape accusing us of all sorts.

I was slightly hoping when the fail moment was pointed out to you that you might just put your head down in embarrassment after such a dramatic fail but I suppose digging your fail hole even bigger is more amusing for everyone else and self pleasing for yourself. *shrrugs*

Anyway, what ill do here is close this silly thread and bump the existing one with the latest development.

*Awaits latest accusation*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement