Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy shallac online

• 14-12-2011 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Where do you buy shellac nail polish online?

Can anyone reccomend any good value sites?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Hi OP,

I notice from previous posts you run a salon from your home. In order to purchase CND Shellac you need to be qualified in Manicure & Pedicure. The Creative Academy in Ballymount are the Irish suppliers and they will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. As you will probably already know Shellac is a professional product and it is absolutely essential to have the proper training in order to offer a service to paying clients, a service that will last the proper time and not compromise on their nail health.

There are other products like Gelish etc, these are gel polishes (Shellac is not a gel polish) and if you research into the brands you might like to use it is fairly easy to find out who the suppliers are and what certification you might need. You will get the best prices and be assured of genuine products when you buy direct from the supplier.

You will obviously need to be insured to be offering this service but as you already carry out treatments you will have insurance in place anyway, do check with your insurance company as to what treatments you are covered to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭butlerjustine

Jennypops wrote: »
    Hi OP,

I notice from previous posts you run a salon from your home. In order to purchase CND Shellac you need to be qualified in Manicure & Pedicure. The Creative Academy in Ballymount are the Irish suppliers and they will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. As you will probably already know Shellac is a professional product and it is absolutely essential to have the proper training in order to offer a service to paying clients, a service that will last the proper time and not compromise on their nail health.

There are other products like Gelish etc, these are gel polishes (Shellac is not a gel polish) and if you research into the brands you might like to use it is fairly easy to find out who the suppliers are and what certification you might need. You will get the best prices and be assured of genuine products when you buy direct from the supplier.

You will obviously need to be insured to be offering this service but as you already carry out treatments you will have insurance in place anyway, do check with your insurance company as to what treatments you are covered to do.

Thanks for the reply. I am doing a manicure and pedicure course just after Christmas. I have gotten shellac and other two/three week polishes before and wanted to get an unbiased opinion of which was best to use.

Ok, just in your initial post you asked where to buy Shellac hence my reply!

Re which one is best to use, I guess it depends on a number of factors, the area you work in, whats popular there, what price range will you be working in, do you want something instantly recognisable as a market leader like Shellac or for a gel polish Gelish.

I have tried a few, both in terms of wearing and working with...my opinion- Shellac or Gelish really are the best. Theres a massive range coming through of 2/3 week manicures, a lot I have found to be hard on nails in terms of prep or removal or simply just are not good quality and dont last.
    Probably the best thing to do would be get the mani pedi course done and then wait for the beauty show in march to try a few, all the main brands would be there. Or you could pick up a couple of bottles from your suppliers, bear in mind you need the uv lamp and if going for Shellac you need to use the lamp designed for that- there IS a difference to the end service and it is most definitely worth it.
    The Beauty Show really is the best place ot do the research, its so expensive getting set up so the less mistakes made the better for your pocket.

Definitely research your area though and what works there...ask your clients too and see whats on offer in local salons.

Jennypops wrote: »
    Ok, just in your initial post you asked where to buy Shellac hence my reply!

Re which one is best to use, I guess it depends on a number of factors, the area you work in, whats popular there, what price range will you be working in, do you want something instantly recognisable as a market leader like Shellac or for a gel polish Gelish.

I have tried a few, both in terms of wearing and working with...my opinion- Shellac or Gelish really are the best. Theres a massive range coming through of 2/3 week manicures, a lot I have found to be hard on nails in terms of prep or removal or simply just are not good quality and dont last.
    Probably the best thing to do would be get the mani pedi course done and then wait for the beauty show in march to try a few, all the main brands would be there. Or you could pick up a couple of bottles from your suppliers, bear in mind you need the uv lamp and if going for Shellac you need to use the lamp designed for that- there IS a difference to the end service and it is most definitely worth it.
    The Beauty Show really is the best place ot do the research, its so expensive getting set up so the less mistakes made the better for your pocket.

Definitely research your area though and what works there...ask your clients too and see whats on offer in local salons.

Thanks for all your help. I was thinking of going with shellac or gel polish. I will wait until my course is over but I like to do my own research so I can ask all the questions I need when I'm in the class. I always think of stuff after.

Bear in mind though that the mani/pedi course may not necessarily offer training in 2/3 week manicures, and they may not be trained in any particular systems/brands themselves so it would be hard to get a definitive answer on whats the best as people like/want different things from a product. You need to look at what you want to offer, as per my points above re pricing,clientele etc.

The mani/pedi course will teach you how to carry out manicure and pedicure treatments and most importantly the anatomy & physiology of the arms/legs and nails.
    Good technical skills are so important when working on clients, the damage that some people do from something as simple as a buffer, removing up to 70% of the nail in a few seconds!
    Once you are qualified in that you can then look at services you want to offer and go from there. You are definitely doing the right thing in researching, getting to know the industry and the huge amount of options takes time...knowledge is power and means your clients get someone who knows what they are talking about and is able to offer a high level of service.

I would highly recommend going to the Beauty Show in March and the Salon Geek website is a huge source of unbiased info from people working in the industry..theres topics on everything there so you can get a great feel for how products work and how people get on with them.

Its very exciting when starting out on something new..best of luck

• Advertisement

Thanks I am doing a manicure/ pedicure class using permanent polish. I understand about the risks particularly when you are not trained. I perform advanced waxing and do make-up for weddings so I'm very aware of possible risks with my job so I will be the same with nails. Thanks again for your help.

Advanced waxing is next on my list- defo want to get it done before summer hits and everyone wants it!!
    Hope it goes well for you, its a really popular treatment and quick to do as well.
    Good luck :)

Advertisement