Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens when...

Options
  • 14-12-2011 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

you accidently missed an exam?

I was meant to have an exam at 9 this morning and I'm literally after waking up, after sleeping though 4 alarms and now I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to do! :eek:

I don't need telling that I shouldn't have done that. I know that already and I'm stressing over it. Has anyone any idea what the procedure for this kind of thing is? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

sup_dude wrote: »
    you accidently missed an exam?

I was meant to have an exam at 9 this morning and I'm literally after waking up, after sleeping though 4 alarms and now I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to do! :eek:

I don't need telling that I shouldn't have done that. I know that already and I'm stressing over it. Has anyone any idea what the procedure for this kind of thing is? :confused::confused:

it happened to one of my class mates last year so your not the first . he had to repeat the exam in the repeats . the repeats are caped at a c3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I don't mind that, I probably would have had to repeat this exam anyway. Do I have to email the lecturer or does it go through automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

sup_dude wrote: »
    I don't mind that, I probably would have had to repeat this exam anyway. Do I have to email the lecturer or does it go through automatically?

i'ed email the lecture to have the full story anyway . it's only polite becouse they will spot it when there grading your exam like

Okay, thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

:O
    Who am I going to discuss how the test went with now!
    Best of luck with that though :)

• Advertisement

:O
    Who am I going to discuss how the test went with now!
    Best of luck with that though :)

How did the test go anyways? I'll just pretend I sat it and nod along in agreement :p

Thanking you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Can talk you through it summarizing massively and more than lively leaving enormous important pieces out :)
    First 5 Q's were great!
    Elements and Orbitals, Pretty straight forward
    Then Q6 was that stupid frequency of light question and I'm sure I was supposed to learn off a number for it so guessed that.
    % Mass, some nice fill in the blank Q's, Eughh... Imperical Formula... -.-
    Some nice Oxidation numbers Qs
    Some nice balancing equations,
    Lewis structure (dot and cross) threw me actually which was odd...
    Think I got it right though, think I was looking too far into it.
    One question left me clueless,
    And I've a feeling I really should've gotten it but every attempt just got worse and worse...
    Equilibriums.. Some were alright, some were horrid.
    pH.. Because we are given the answers at the end,
    You can just use the technique you should use to get it,
    In reverse, so as to get the answer given :)
    Cheating >=]
    Again, another question that crucified me was one phrased in such a way that I just didn't know what they wanted me to do, or more so, hadn't a notion of how to do it!
    Guessed quite a few others, actually started to run out of time in a "tick(shade :P) the box" test!
    Got given a rough work booklet thing to throw everything in to, workings out and the likes...
    Anyway I filled mine trying to work some of them out :P

A standard enough test to some extent.
    Not too difficult, not too easy.
    In my "not so expert" opinion anyway :)

o.O

Sounds like I'd just sit in the exam hall and stare at the paper in horror for the full two and a half hours even if I did manage to get in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

Looking at the time you posted..you could probably have ran to it as long as you werent in like groody or something.

Friend of mine slept through one last year and repeated in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You had 17minutes from the time you submitted this post to get to the exam.

you can get in for the first half hour.

Its pay the 172 euro to repeat it now and be capped at a c3.

• Advertisement

I was literally only after waking up when I posted that. The laptop was on the table beside me. By the time I got dressed, got my stuff organised and got there, I thought it would be well after the time limit and since it's said above that I had half an hour, I would have been right.

Advertisement