Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Petty - Dublin Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

joanofarse wrote: »

wow, have to go see this, another expensive gig I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

darryn wrote: »
    wow, have to go see this, another expensive gig I imagine

S***e. This means no Metallica in the 02 this time.

S***e. This means no Metallica in the 02 this time.

dammit I'll be at download, hopefully he will be announced as a secondary head-liner for download

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

dammit I'll be at download, hopefully he will be announced as a secondary head-liner for download

Tom Petty??? :confused: R u on drugs?

• Advertisement

Tom Petty??? :confused: R u on drugs?

no they have had stranger bands playing, like the plain white ts

no they have had stranger bands playing, like the plain white ts

That festival is gone s**** anyways. Used to be great when it was called "Monsters Of Rock".

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joanofarse

I'd say it will be steep alright, €80 plus id imagine.

I was gonna head to the Isle of White festival for the gig, im not gonna complain about the ticket prices for this one.

I was gonna head to the Isle of White festival for the gig, im not gonna complain about the ticket prices for this one.

your in luck, tickets from €65.45, according to MCD's Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joanofarse

That's not too bad, cheers man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

:) I cannot wait!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Great news....been a long time waitin' since '92!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Excellent news. Have been waiting a long time to see Petty live. So many great songs, its bound to be a great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Already a contender for gig of the year.
    Think I'll go home and watch the Peter Bogdanovich film... :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Looking forward to this!!! Currently watching loads of video's on YouTube. Have asked MCD is it fully seated or standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Sometimes they're wrong, but the accompanying chart on Ticketmaster is fully seated, so I'm assuming it will be seats on the ground floor. That kind of makes sense with the Cork show being on as well.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Sometimes they're wrong, but the accompanying chart on Ticketmaster is fully seated, so I'm assuming it will be seats on the ground floor. That kind of makes sense with the Cork show being on as well.

MCD just replied to me, standing and seating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any word of a pre-sale?

leakyboots wrote: »
    Any word of a pre-sale?

Nothing on The O2 blueroom website yet but there will be one as there always is for gigs in The O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I've never went from being so delighted to so undelighted as quickly as that.

Tom one of my very favs is playing ... :D:D:D

... During the Leaving Cert :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Went to his both shows at the point in 92.
    Fantastic gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€65.45 - €76.00 on ticketmaster.ie so if buying online you can add on another 6.10 per ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Anybody know how to get tickets in the pre sale.I'm registered on his fan club,but no info there.

ralphie wrote: »
    Anybody know how to get tickets in the pre sale.I'm registered on his fan club,but no info there.

you have to be on O2 and then text them for a presale password

According to Ticketmaster there are 3 presales tomorrow, the usual O2 priority and also fan club and Facebook ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

How are people expecting this to sell? Hard to judge seeing he hasnt been here in nearly 20 year. I can't see a fast sell out but once there are loads of radio adds and people hear all the classics it will most likely sell well. And the fact he is playing Cork as well.

Is the €65 standing and the €76 for all seats or just the decent ones. Those over at both sides are awful seats if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

SB-08 wrote: »
    How are people expecting this to sell? Hard to judge seeing he hasnt been here in nearly 20 year. I can't see a fast sell out but once there are loads of radio adds and people hear all the classics it will most likely sell well. And the fact he is playing Cork as well.

Is the €65 standing and the €76 for all seats or just the decent ones. Those over at both sides are awful seats if you ask me.

I think it would sell out very quickly if it wasn't a few days before Xmas going on sale. Although it still will probably be near enough to sold out on day tickets go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Anyone managed to get a ticket for this on the o2 presale? I keep getting told that there are no tickets on sale and not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

same here

Advertisement