Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Petty - Dublin Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

got 2 today for cork. the sales assistant said they were selling well but reckoned either gig wouldnt sell out till after xmas. in fairness whose idea is it to put tickets on sale at that price, xmas week??! i love tom petty and the heartbreakers but had to dip into my savings to be able to buy the tickets today, for fear of them selling out. it was the same with springsteen. i mean why dont the people in charge advertise the gig and then have the tickets go on sale in maybe 2 months time?? giving people and genuine music fans a chance to save up for tickets? xmas week, jesus like!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

in fairness whose idea is it to put tickets on sale at that price, xmas week??!
    A clever one by the sounds of it, you bought yours, and I expect many people bought them as christmas presents for others. Younger people might get cash for christmas and can buy soon after if any are left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Unquiet Nights

Yes this'll be good. I'm trying to go in Italy and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

anyone get their tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I haven't, but when I check my ticketmaster account it says they haven't been sent yet, so I'm not concerned. Sometimes they take a while to send them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

MollyZ wrote: »
    I haven't, but when I check my ticketmaster account it says they haven't been sent yet, so I'm not concerned. Sometimes they take a while to send them out.

thanks, just got sent other tickets i bought after so was just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Got my tickets friday, roll on june!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Finally picked up my ticket today, roll on June is all I can say, finally get to mark off one of the last artists I want to see live.

Dublin seems to be selling well with only the last row of cheap seated tickets left although I think there's about 1,000-2,000 standing tickets left which will probably be pretty much gone come June. Cork is sold out apart from the odd backrow seat. Still very surprising that both haven't fully sold out already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Cork is a much smaller capacity and was bound to sell out first. Both shows went on sale before Christmas (when people have other expenses) and January is always a bad month for most people, money-wise. I'd say a lot of people have just been taking a chance on buying them later, although I do say this as someone who got their on the day they went on sale. I suspect the O2 will probably be sold out (or close to sold out) by the time the gig comes around.
    As an aside, Springsteen's second RDS date clearly isn't selling either, probably for the same reasons. Large ads in the print media and a huge hoarding outside the RDS? They've never had to resort to those type of measures before.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

gotta say...... tom petty was better than springsteen for the super bowl half-time gig. check it out on you tube!

• Advertisement

gotta say...... tom petty was better than springsteen for the super bowl half-time gig. check it out on you tube!

Couldn't agree more, Petty's half-time show was one of the greatest of all-time. Had to choose whether to head to Petty or Springsteen this summer and as much as I like Bruce, Petty won hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Tickets still not issued for this gig?

Tickets still not issued?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I got mine weeks ago;)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Mine arrived last Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I got mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I got mine on Friday too.

I'm still yet to get mine, expecting them this week if others have got theirs last week/today. The first batch were sent at christmas and the second batch were printed 2 weeks ago and are supposedly being sent at the moment, so hopefully tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I bought mine a month ago. At first I thought it kind of expensive, but then I saw potential setlists, and went straight on and got it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I bought mine a month ago. At first I thought it kind of expensive, but then I saw potential setlists, and went straight on and got it!!!

Have you a link to what the set list may be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Just go to setlist.fm and type in Tom Petty and you will see all the setlists there.

just listening to live anthology.............. just f**kin brilliant. c'mon june! the stripped down acoustic, learning to fly, is georgous.......

Agree 100% about the acoustic "learning to fly".

Same with "I wont back down", fantastic stuff.

Just purchased "The Last DJ" from itunes, cracking album.

poundhound wrote: »
    Agree 100% about the acoustic Learning to Fly. Same with I Won't Back Down, fantastic stuff.

I have to agree also. The Live Anthology is superb, the only downside being the absence of Honey Bee (though the SNL version with Dave Grohl is killer). I love Goldfinger and the roar of the crowd when American Girl kicks in. I was actually playing Kiss My Amps on the way to work this morning. Sweet William. \m/:D\m/

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

From TP's site:

Five guitars belonging to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers have been stolen from the Soundstage in Culver City where they have been rehearsing for their US tour. :(

Tom's (legendary) Rickenbacker 360/12 - 1967 Blonde (serial # GH 3747)
    Tom's Gibson SG TV Junior - 1965 (serial # 318533)
    Mike's Dusenberg (Mike Campbell Model)
    Ron's Fender Broadcaster
    Scott's 1967 Epiphone Sheridan

Police in Culver City are investigating the burglary. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers are offering a $7,500 reward with no questions asked to anyone with information leading to the recovery of the guitars.

At least Mike's original Rickenbacker (the one Tom is holding on the cover of Damn the Torpedoes) wasn't nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Saw this on Facebook yesterday, all right. Between this and the stuff nicked from Alice Cooper recently, I'd be watching eBay closely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

From TP's site:

Five guitars belonging to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers have been stolen from the Soundstage in Culver City where they have been rehearsing for their US tour. :(

Tom's (legendary) Rickenbacker 360/12 - 1967 Blonde (serial # GH 3747)
    Tom's Gibson SG TV Junior - 1965 (serial # 318533)
    Mike's Dusenberg (Mike Campbell Model)
    Ron's Fender Broadcaster
    Scott's 1967 Epiphone Sheridan

Police in Culver City are investigating the burglary. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers are offering a $7,500 reward with no questions asked to anyone with information leading to the recovery of the guitars.

At least Mike's original Rickenbacker (the one Tom is holding on the cover of Damn the Torpedoes) wasn't nicked.

His FB page last week posted 10mins of an NBC documentary, which included a tour of his studio / guitar room. I actually thought to myself what an Aladdin’s cave it would be to thieves...

his gear was found! woohoo!! Saw him on sky arts1 recently "live at The Fillmore" , excellent show, cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Drop me an IM if you know of somebody who still needs a ticket.

The sis-in-law cannot make it now, so I have a standing ticket going spare.

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Forster

Standing tickets still available today.

Cool support act - Jonathan Wilson, laidback west coast rocker. Well worth seeing. Is playing at Electric Picnic later this year also.

Advertisement