Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning Rust off brakes?

• 14-12-2011 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi Ho Folks,

Im sending my Master van to scrap and I took the brakes off it as they were only on the van for 6 months before the engine siezed. still pretty much brand new apart thread wise but the rust makes them look really bad as im trying to sell them on. Anyone any idea how to clean the rust of the discs and pads? They been sitting on van since July of last year and only taken off 2 weeks ago :eek:.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Bicycle chain cleaner should do

beazee wrote: »
    Bicycle chain cleaner should do

doubt it really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭JP 1800

A wire wheel on a drill for the discs, the pads should not be reused due to possible contamination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

RoverJames wrote: »
    doubt it really

Works great with for the chain why shouldn't it work with the rotors?

I would start with bottle of Coke first, does some amazing job with rusted nuts+bolts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

beazee wrote: »
    Works great with for the chain why shouldn't it work with the rotors?

I would start with bottle of Coke first, does some amazing job with rusted nuts+bolts.

Coke really works?

• Advertisement
Advertisement