Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio App problem on Iphone4

• 14-12-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭

I use my Iphone4 to listen to the radio a lot(via station apps). Recently if I use my browser the radio cuts of and when I finish with my browser I have to hit play on whatever station I was listening to. It does not seem to happen if i use another App though. This did not happen before my most recent OS update.

Has anyone any suggestions?

frAg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

frag420 wrote: »
    Has anyone any suggestions?
    I have one - for Apple.

PUT A FUPPING FM RADIO IN YOUR PHONES.

I use the radio apps (mainly Wunderadio) every day and the random stopping and starting of the streams drives me nuts. I honestly don't think there's anything you can do about it.

I'm actually looking at these headphones as I also hate wires, and these things have a built in radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭swampy353

Get tunein radio app, there's a free ad supported version. You can every station on it and also it cuts out the ads that are the start of some of the streams. Have been usin it for ages and it's fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Cheers for the replies guys but perhaps I must clarify. I listen to various apps such as newstalk, xfm and I also use the Tunein radio app too.

The problem being that when I want to use safari to maybe look on Boards while listening to the radio(app) the sound stops while I browse but if I use other apps such as Sky sports or whatever it is not effected.

THanks again and if anyone has any ohter suggestions then I am all ears(as cant hear the radio)

frAg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭swampy353

frag420 wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies guys but perhaps I must clarify. I listen to various apps such as newstalk, xfm and I also use the Tunein radio app too.

The problem being that when I want to use safari to maybe look on Boards while listening to the radio(app) the sound stops while I browse but if I use other apps such as Sky sports or whatever it is not effected.

THanks again and if anyone has any ohter suggestions then I am all ears(as cant hear the radio)

frAg
    That's odd, when I am using tunein it plays in the background without any issues. It's sounds to me that it may be a problem specific to your phone. Maybe try to delete the apps and reinstall then, see if that gives any joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Actually was onlu using tunein for some sports radio shows like BBC 5LIve etc and not for Newstalk or any of the Irish ones for some reason. Would prob make sence to use it for all radio to save App space on Iphone.

IL try it this eve on way home and see how it goes,

cheers

frAg

• Advertisement
Advertisement