Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU for GTX580

Options
  • 14-12-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Guys im lucky enough to be getting a GTX580 for Xmas. I am concerned about my PSU though, i have an OCZ 650W. I noticed that the GTX580 needs to be 600W at least, but it also has to take a 6 pin and 8 pin PCIe adapter. I only have a 6 pin on my PSU. Will the card come with an adapter or something to convert sata or molex adapters to 8 pins? I really dont want to spend another 150 quid for a new PSU. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Fuzzballs wrote: »
    Guys im lucky enough to be getting a GTX580 for Xmas. I am concerned about my PSU though, i have an OCZ 650W. I noticed that the GTX580 needs to be 600W at least, but it also has to take a 6 pin and 8 pin PCIe adapter. I only have a 6 pin on my PSU. Will the card come with an adapter or something to convert sata or molex adapters to 8 pins? I really dont want to spend another 150 quid for a new PSU. Thanks

I'd say it depends on the model or card whether it comes with sata/ide to pci-e converter. Check some reviews of the specific model to find out as most say what came in the box.

As for your psu,make sure it has 42a on the 12v rail to spare,its quite heavy on the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'd say I've an adapter lying around, if need be pm me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yeah, whats the exact model of the PSU? If its this one then you are perfectly fine, its a decent PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fuzzballs

Thanks for all the replies, sorry for not getting back. I am so stressed out, the card i ordered from Novatech on the 3rd has gone missing. It was delivered to An Post DMC on the 8th by Parcel Force and hasnt been seen since, ive been onto Novatech 3 times now and i just want a refund and they are saying no refund if it was shipped, and obviously im saying thats their issue, claim the money from Parcel Force or An Post and just do my refund. This is a nightmare

Advertisement