Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been Fcuked Over By Former Employer

Options
  • 14-12-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

I was working for company and work dried up and was let go, i'm owed 5 weeks pay and no sign of getting it :(
    I am constantly hounding the boss about it and he says he will sort it but nothing is been done, i'm not letting him away with it as the money i'm owed is important to me to keep me here. Makes me sick seeing him driving around in a big Nissan Navara UTE :mad:
    Anywhere to go to get this mess sorted?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

First thing is fair trade Australia!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I'm even thinking of setting a debt collector on him.
    But want to go the free route first.

Bumping this, so an update on my case, I went to Fair Work Ombudsman, was emailing the person over my case the last while,
    Thought progress was been made but then me been on ABN fcuked up my case as FWO don't have authority to do anything as I was classed as "Contractor"

Looks like end of road to get the $4000 im owed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

STIG83 wrote: »
    Bumping this, so an update on my case, I went to Fair Work Ombudsman, was emailing the person over my case the last while,
    Thought progress was been made but then me been on ABN fcuked up my case as FWO don't have authority to do anything as I was classed as "Contractor"

What type of work were you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

By no means the end of the road.
    The FWO can't help as you weren't an employer.

But you had a contract with this guy which he broke. I'd consider legal action or sending a debt collector around for $4000

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

Mellor wrote: »

By no means the end of the road.
    The FWO can't help as you weren't an employer.

But you had a contract with this guy which he broke. I'd consider legal action or sending a debt collector around for $4000
    How do I go about hiring a debt collector?

04072511 wrote: »

What type of work were you doing?

Manufacturing aluminum windows and doors and installing on site.

Advertisement