Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Begin an apprenticeship in NZ?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short I'm 30 and in Auckland 2.5 mths into a 12 mth WHV. Currently, I'm not working to a master plan other than to seek work and see NZ with the possibility of branching out and seeing Oz/ south east asia and generally avoiding Ireland for a while.

I hoped to return to Ireland to somehow up-skill at some stage and I was thinking about studying. The fact is I've never been able to decide on something I'd like to study but I always regretted not getting some kind of skill or trade after leaving school. I just had the thought that maybe it would be viable to begin an apprenticeship here in NZ? The obvious question is if some kind of work visa could be got to do this?

Advertisement