Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training in Thailand

• 14-12-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

im going for the month of june:Dcant wait!! just wondering where do you lot think is the best place to train Mt & bjj in thailand?id rather train on one of the islands thats close to a beach?
    thanks
    shaneo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 scum01

check out - http://www.muaythailand.com/

they're better equipt to answer any questions you have! but the training on the islands tends to be more touristy and pretty **** when compared to the rest. I've heard good things about KYN gym - http://www.phuket-krabi-muaythai.com/

or you could try Tiger Muay Thai in phuket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

If you want to train BJJ as well when you are there then Tiger MT would be a good bet. It's a big commercial gym so you have pluses and minuses with that. A new MMA place called Phuket Top Team has opened up close by to Tiger which might also be worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

PTT is run by a mate of mine boyd clarke, nice lad but still getting the place off the ground, worth giving it a shot as well

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lionheart_ma

I hated tiger when I was there. Great facilities but a bit to commercial and full of yanks and Aussies on roids. My mate is training at ptt and recommends the place. He left tiger to train there i think. I think it's only tiger and ptt that offer Bjj down the islands. Up in ubon there is ole laursens gym which also offers mma and 13 coins in Bangkok has started an mma program and there is a new team quest opened up in Chang mai.

If your only there for a month then why not just train muay thai. I recommend checking out sinbi muay thai. Great location and great trainers. If u do go there do a few privates with pot. Hes unreal in the clinch and shows you lots of nice tricks.lI trained in a few gyms around the islands so if u have any questions pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sdub

thanks lads. PTT seems like it would suit me best il contact them over the weekend
    cheers
    shane:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ineedtoknowtoo

chprt wrote: »
    PTT is run by a mate of mine boyd clarke, nice lad but still getting the place off the ground, worth giving it a shot as well

paddy

Hi heard off boyd clarke, where abouts in thailand is his gym ?? Want to do muay thai only. is he dear for 4 weeks training... thanks paddy

Advertisement