Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday/Friday Snow Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Nice dusting of snow here this morning, like icing sugar on a mince pie! :)
    I see dublin got snow, there goes the thread.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

Snowing in Limerick this morning, country roads very icy.
    Take her handy!!
    Nice to see the place all white. Roll on Skiing in Feb!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

White dusting everywhere now. Light snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭monkey 456

Snow in d6 anyone know how long it will last and will it get heavier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Offside wrote: »
    Is this projected to be a big snowfall? I have a flight home for Christmas from the States on Saturday to Dublin and worried it may have an affect on flights.

1-2 cms at most. You'll have no problem with your flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Snowed in northside of cork city! I'm just up! Cara crawling down my road! I'm on a hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Light snow and sticking iin Dublin 11. I love ninja snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Ninja snow
    :D love it! Light snow in Dublin 4, and it's sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fabregas9200

Woke up this morning and the whole ground is covered in a frosting of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Started snowing again in Kilmainham. Light and fluffy and is sticking well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Lovely coating of white this morning in Longford half inch at a guesstimate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

ITSSSS................CHRISSSSSSSSTMASSSSSS!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

leahyl wrote: »
    Snowed in northside of cork city! I'm just up! Cara crawling down my road! I'm on a hill!

Was snowing this morning at 6 when I got up. Drove in to work from Rochestown to Bishopstown. Main roads were all fine but estates are deadly!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Very light snow in dublin, light as in very small sleety flakes. Nothing sticking yet and probably won't, too wet and the flakes are too small. A break in cloud is evident at the moment so this may be short lived. It looks lovely at the same time and wont cause any disruption, though obviously we may be in for regular showers during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Just stopped snowing at Dublin Airport. The TAF was ammended to update the weather to this:
    FT 160813 AMD S 1606/1706 26015KT 9999 BKN003 BKN005
    TEMPO 1608/1610 1200 SHSN
    BECMG 1610/1611 BKN020
    TEMPO 1610/1618 4000 SHRASN SHGS BKN018CB
    BECMG 1613/1616 30015G25KT

Manchester airport is currenty closed due to snow.. should be open again in 1:30 - 2 hrs. Im going to have a very busy day... :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Vudgie wrote: »
    Very light snow in dublin, light as in very small sleety flakes. Nothing sticking yet and probably won't....

Speak for yourself! Everything white here with a dusting of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Speak for yourself! Everything white here with a dusting of snow.

Well don't let me spoil your fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Lovely covering here in neath. Unexpected snow is my favourite kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Where in Dublin are you Vudgie, because all white here also, you are the only report from Dublin I've seen that isn't for snow that is sticking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Raining steadily since I woke at 7. If temp would only drop slightly it would all be snow !! Roads deadly up here. Take care if you're out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The Man from Naas says SNOW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Vudgie wrote: »
    Very light snow in dublin, light as in very small sleety flakes. Nothing sticking yet and probably won't, too wet and the flakes are too small.

Don't know where you are vudgie but in Dublin 8 there is most certainly a very light dusting on the ground (nice and dry) and I have a great view of the city from my balcony. All the roof tops are covered. Of course as sson as the sun comes out I'm sure it will all disappear but for now it looks rather pretty 043.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Just woke up to a light dusting in Dublin 14, nice to finally see some snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

About an inch lying around Knock / Kiltimagh in Co. Mayo, needless to say the roads were left untreated, so much for having a stockpile of salt waiting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    Raining steadily since I woke at 7. If temp would only drop slightly it would all be snow !! Roads deadly up here. Take care if you're out and about.

snow above 50m, you need to get up the hill !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Snowed in ballina last night on top of bad frost so the roads will be deadly out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Snowing in Dundalk:D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Very icy around Cork city this morning. Have ended up on my backside once already with many near misses!
    Be very careful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

getting used to this, snow on the ground on the northside of cork,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

In the car now - just got out of our estate, just! The end of the hill onto the main road is lethal!!

Advertisement