Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered Weighing Scales

Options
  • 14-12-2011 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Do you have to pay to have your scales weighed and is there any other info that should be sent off when sending the scales thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I presume you are looking to get the scales calibrated-certified. If so all you need to do is send the scales and they will issue you a certificate for same using the serial number. In work we get some done every year it costs about €65.00 per scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

i might be wrong but i think i 1 once heard that if the scales are owned by a culb that the board of fisheries in your area will calibrate it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

patdahat wrote: »
    i might be wrong but i think i 1 once heard that if the scales are owned by a culb that the board of fisheries in your area will calibrate it free.
    as chairman of a club on ree i would be well interested in this, we need to get some new scales and i would like to find out which is best to buy and then get calibrated? and what sort of money would they cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

patdahat wrote: »

I don't think this is the case. I know there is an arrangement that Fishery Board scales are calibrated free of charge.
    The relevant authority are:
    National Metrology Labratory,
    Enterprise Ireland,
    Glasnevin,
    Dublin 9

Phone 01 8082026

Email NML AT Enterprise-Ireland.com

There are a few regional offices that may do the job either depending on where you are located!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭jodie85

Thanks guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 redmousey

its free to get scales certified. ive got mine done 3times no probs. contact your local NSAI office and they will do them. the cork branch will only do them on wednesdays so ring ahead to organise a day just in case.

redmousey wrote: »
    its free to get scales certified. ive got mine done 3times no probs. contact your local NSAI office and they will do them. the cork branch will only do them on wednesdays so ring ahead to organise a day just in case.

Good work there Redmousey.

I didn't know that.

The contact details I posted above I see are now incorrect,(even though I copied them off a Cert! it seems they have moved)
    I'm told they are now in Santry at 01 8073800.

http://www.nsai.ie/Our-Services/Measurement/Calibration-Services/Fish-Scale-Calibration.aspx

This seems to be the latest info on weighing scale calibration.

Cheap it aint!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I think that is "go away and annoy someone" else pricing.
    I think that calibration can be done up north more reasonably.

Advertisement