Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good price for Xbox Live

Options
  • 14-12-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

I have gone through the sticky about codes etc but wondered if this was a good price.
    How are prices if I go in to a bricks and mortor shop and buy a code?

Now as a Vodafone Value Broadband customer, you can open up to a whole world of entertainment. We've joined up with Microsoft to give you the chance to enjoy Xbox LIVE® Gold membership for the next 12 months for just €35.99 upfront.

They will also offer free Xbox Live for 12 months if you upgrade to the Ultimate Broadband package

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Wouldn't go signing up just for that - its not a massive discount (actually considering was MS themselves charge it is) but can get 14 months (2 free)£31.99/€38 on cheapxboxlivecodes.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If that involves giving credit card details to MS i would run a mile from it. Stick to the voucher codes, cheap, secure and convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Wouldn't go signing up just for that - its not a massive discount (actually considering was MS themselves charge it is) but can get 14 months (2 free)£31.99/€38 on cheapxboxlivecodes.com.

Already a Vodafone Broadband user so its not a bad deal really I think. I have looked at other places and it seems good. Works out at about €2.99 per month where as the site you mention is about 25 cent cheaper
    theteal wrote: »
    If that involves giving credit card details to MS i would run a mile from it. Stick to the voucher codes, cheap, secure and convenient

I have already given CC details to MS - got a 1 month for €1 deal when I bought the Xbox last month.
    Is there something up with MS and CC details? Are they not secure? I would find sites like the above mentioned to be a lot more dubious than MS

tui0hcg wrote: »
    I have already given CC details to MS - got a 1 month for €1 deal when I bought the Xbox last month.
    Is there something up with MS and CC details? Are they not secure? I would find sites like the above mentioned to be a lot more dubious than MS

they're secure alright, a little too secure, so secure in fact there's horror stories from people who were trying to remove their own CC details to stop MS using them to auto renew subscriptions. apparently, with a recent update, it's a bit easier to deactivate a CC on your account but i've yet to look into it.

theteal wrote: »
    they're secure alright, a little too secure, so secure in fact there's horror stories from people who were trying to remove their own CC details to stop MS using them to auto renew subscriptions. apparently, with a recent update, it's a bit easier to deactivate a CC on your account but i've yet to look into it.

Yes its really very easy - go to your live.xbox.com page on your PC
    You can turn on or off auto renew and you can remove or add a new CC or even pay with Paypal if you wish
    Couldn't be easier than that:)

• Advertisement

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Yes its really very easy - go to your live.xbox.com page on your PC
    You can turn on or off auto renew and you can remove or add a new CC or even pay with Paypal if you wish
    Couldn't be easier than that:)

no panic so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I have the Ideal BB package with Vodafone and got a follow up clarification email from them saying that the 12 XBox Gold Live was free.

As far as I can tell you get one 12 month subscription for free and additional ones are €35.99

There certainly wasn't anything about having to upgrade or sign up to a new contract.

fdevine wrote: »
    I have the Ideal BB package with Vodafone and got a follow up clarification email from them saying that the 12 XBox Gold Live was free.

As far as I can tell you get one 12 month subscription for free and additional ones are €35.99

There certainly wasn't anything about having to upgrade or sign up to a new contract.

are you on the 300 GB usage allowance @ €48 P/M package? great deal if its free
    I am on €38 P/M and the Xbox deal is 35.99
    Still not a bad deal and as you say no mention of extending your Vodafone contract or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

We are on the Vodafone At Home Talk Anytime + Ideal Broadband with 120Gb download limit

Seems its free so I'm not complaining. Santa is bringing the XBox so happy days.

From Vodafone at Home - Living at Home Add-ons Page.....
    "Buy 12 months membership for only €35.99 or upgrade to an Ideal or Ultimate broadband bundle to get 12 months Xbox LIVE Gold membership included in your bundle!"

Presumably if you have Ideal or Ultimate package then its free

We are on the Vodafone At Home Talk Anytime + Ideal Broadband with 120Gb download limit

Seems its free so I'm not complaining. Santa is bringing the XBox so happy days.

From Vodafone at Home - Living at Home Add-ons Page.....
    "Buy 12 months membership for only €35.99 or upgrade to an Ideal or Ultimate broadband bundle to get 12 months Xbox LIVE Gold membership included in your bundle!"

Presumably if you have Ideal or Ultimate package then its free

Nice one
    Free as a bird.
    Looks like this should be posted in bargain alerts also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

HI guys,

typical that, just signed up to XBox live and paid the full whack and then VF goes an organises a deal:o

Fair play to Vodafone though for organising something which has some value and rewards customer loyalty.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I purchased this Monday from Vodafone, arrived yesterday. You buy via the vodafone website and you get a box with the 12 month sub code included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Dymo wrote: »
    I purchased this Monday from Vodafone, arrived yesterday. You buy via the vodafone website and you get a box with the 12 month sub code included.

Same here, I was already on ultimate so no upgrade/new contract needed for me!

Advertisement