If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz SR7005

Options
  • 14-12-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi Chaps,

I'm on the market for a decent AV receiver and the Marantz is way up there on my list. I know it's falling in price these days as is approaching discontinuation.

Can you quote me for one of these for collection from Philips Shop? If you have any other alternatives at that level, I'm all ears - Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha.....

It's replacing a Rotel RSX-1056 and will be hooked up to B&W 703 5.1 setup so it needs to be juicy.

Thanks and kind regards,

V.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Chaps,

I'm on the market for a decent AV receiver and the Marantz is way up there on my list. I know it's falling in price these days as is approaching discontinuation.

Can you quote me for one of these for collection from Philips Shop? If you have any other alternatives at that level, I'm all ears - Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha.....

It's replacing a Rotel RSX-1056 and will be hooked up to B&W 703 5.1 setup so it needs to be juicy.

Thanks and kind regards,

V.

SR7005 IS Juicy

I'm down to my last Brand New Boxed unit - £849.95 will buy it - and that's the cheapest price I can see anywhere from an Authorised dealer...

On the Denon front I can do the AVR3311 at the same price (again Brand New Boxed) and the AVR4311 at £1299.95

All available from stock and looking for a Christmas tree to hide under..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

John.... That's a great price for the SR7005 and I'll take it! Please hold it for me. I'll give the shop a call in the morning to see how we proceed. I doubt I'll be able to get up to you so may need it down to Dublin. We'll figure it out.

But - the important thing is to hold it for me!

Thanks

Vincent.

Picked up the SR7005 on Friday from the store. It's a frickin' amazing device. Works great with my B&W setup. My only gripe with it is are those poxy EU binding posts on the rear! I have a full set of Nordost 'factory spaded' cables and I can't use them. Had to reuse some old cable until I figure something out.

Anyway, the lads in the store are a credit to you....!

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I am jealous.......would love one of those.

Just done a quick google, does this help?

eddiem74 wrote: »
    I am jealous.......would love one of those.

Just done a quick google, does this help?

No Eddie, 'fraid not. I saw that post myself. The EU spec version of the SR7005 seems to only allow bare wire inserted into the binding posts. They are a very small size too. Usually a lot of amps have binding posts blanked off but these blanks are usually removable. Not this amp. Seems a new design making everything else unusable. I notice the US version has 4 way binding posts. It's such a pain. People who insert banana-pluged speaker cable into the mains deserve to be removed from the human gene pool.....!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.