Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review Website The good and the bad

Options
  • 14-12-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking at re designing our website at www.irishgunners.com. I am a novice and use Dreamweaver to update and design the site.

I am looking for views on it the good and the bad as there maybe a member in our club with the proper skills to make it look more professional.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

Get a domain and hosting package, install wordpress with one click install. If you were able to manage dreamweaver - wordpress will be a doddle. You could pick up a theme from themeforest. Best investment you'll ever make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thanks

On the existing site what do you think is good and what do you think is bad?

May stick to Dreamweaver and use some of their templates

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pixie_dust

Hi,

I would say that the header is not coherent enough - it just looks like a load of arsenal badges stuck there. They are all the same size, so your eye does not focus on any in particular. Like I imagine that you want the one in the red in the middle to stand out the most, so maybe if you make the gray ones a bit lighter and smaller.

Also the bold writing on the home page is very hard to read. In fact I wouldn't even read through it(unless I really needed the info). I suggest making the headlines bold, or important words.

The 6 pictures & links underneath this: the pictures are all different sizes, and also these links should be further up the top of the page, or maybe in the sidebar, as they are not seen well where they are.

The news or headlines underneath this section should also be confined better, as in some kind of widget or newsfeeder(e.g twitter newsfeeders)

The links at the left hand side are clear, but I don't understand when I hover over them the text is transferred to the other side. That could be quite confusing/annoying for some users.

Also from viewing the homepage, I don't get what the purpose of the site is straight away. I'm guessing it is a fan site, so you should make this point come across better.

Good luck!

Advertisement