Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket suggestions for Christmas present?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi,
    I’ve a particularly difficult couple to buy for this year. I think they might enjoy a play or show but I don't have a clue what's on (or if it’s any good).
    Could someone suggest something that’s on that’s a bit of fun and entertaining?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Depends on what ages and what likes they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

There both in there 60's and like comedies...light-hearted stuff, nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

There's Roddy Doyle's adaptation of 'The Government Inspector' running at the Abbey, it's a comedy though the reviews of it have been somewhat mixed. There's also this new play, a lunchtime production, in Bewley's in early January, which sounds interesting: http://www.bewleyscafetheatre.com/events/those-sick-and-indigent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

The Government Inspector is a classic, it seems to fit the description of what they would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

You could get them a general Abbey Theatre voucher, that way they can see what they want from the programme for the next 12 months, whenever suits them and there is a really good programme this year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭bigsmokewriting

Lots of great stuff at the Grand Canal Theatre as well - http://www.grandcanaltheatre.ie/listView.aspx?mid=188

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

Big Maggie finishes up it's tour in Feb in the Gaiety. Best play I've ever seen. Very very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

You could also see about signing them up as a patron of one of the smaller companies. They'll usually be featured in the programme, plus getting some tickets to that company's shows.

Advertisement