Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability allowance while in college?

Options
  • 14-12-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been diagnosed with bipolar for a year and a half now, and i'm currently in first year. I get my grant but it's a measly €400 every three months. With college and exams, i wouldnt be able to hold a job as it would be too stressful, and i wouldnt be able to focus on both college and work. Would it be possible for me to get Disability allowance?

I know there might be problems with the grant, but if you have any info, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Go check with the Disabilities and/or Access offices, they're the best people to talk to in this situation.

As for "a measly €400", where do you get your grant from??

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

Measly €400??
    Get a job so if its so measly. Alot of people dont get any grant and have to pay full fees. Id be thankful of €400 to honest.

Advertisement