Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miles to the litre, Fiat Punto?

• 14-12-2011 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice. I'm in a medium sized regional town and at present live 1 mile away from town. I'm looking at moving to a flat, more expensive than where I am now, but also 6 miles from town, and trying to work out if it's financially viable to move.
    A key element is that I am in and out to town, usually twice a day. That's an extra 10 miles, twice a day usually. Sometimes once. Probably on average an extra 120 miles a week.
    So for a Fiat Punto, on pretty much the open road with no real stops or traffic lights, how much extra petrol am I using on 120 miles? I have little idea of the mileage I get. Thanks.

Comments

Should see at least 30mpg from it so for 120 miles that's 4 gallons so at €1.50/litre would cost €27.24.

That would be worst case scenario :) A punto should return over 40mpg I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

my punto used get about 42 easily

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

I have an 02 Punto that got 38 MPG last time I calculated it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

The trip computer in a Punto (if fitted) are usually somewhat optimistic. But mid 40's MPG should be easily achievable. If you do a lot of cold starts with periods of idling / ticking over, then this will hit consumption hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is there any reason you have to drive when such small distances are involved? Sounds like cycling is a definite option here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement