Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kris Kindle - don't know the girl

• 14-12-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

So I picked out my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend.. with me so far? :o She is 25, and quiet, and doesn't interact much with anyone. I have no idea if she's into beauty or clothes, or what. She is also almost 7 months pregnant.

Limit is €50 and I am going stir crazy.
    Please help! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Maybe ask your brothers boyfriend what she is like?

Also, if she is 7 months pregnant, Id imagine clothes are far from her mind?

How about a one for all voucher?

Or a day in a spa. She could probably do with being pampered a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

thanks for the ideas - nobody knows her, I can't ask my bf's bro because well, then the secret is out!

Also a day in a spa, well €50 won't stretch that far and I don't think she would be into that to be honest.

A one for all voucher is the safe bet then. If she wants to buy baby stuff she can. But if she wants perfume or mobile credit or something else she can get it herself.

I know you are about to say vouchers are very impersonal, but of you dont know the girl then how can you make a personal gift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

very true but... vouchers are forbidden in this family's Kris Kindle rules :( EEK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I always thought it was Kringle.

• Advertisement

I always thought it was Kringle.

Its maybe Kris Kringle to people who don't know how to pronounce it. TO everyone else though, its kris kindle. Although I prefer the term Secret Santa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What about a nice piece of jewellery? You could get a gift receipt for it, so if she didn't like it, she could change it for something else.

Maybe a hand bag, purse, body/bath set, nice photo frame, digital camera, digital photo frame (the one where the picture changes constantly).

Argos have a few digital cameras under €50

http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/14419441/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/2%7C14419436%7CDigital+cameras%7C14419441/r_001/4%7CPrice%7C25+%3C%3D++%3C%3D+59.99%7C2.htm
    thanks for the ideas - nobody knows her, I can't ask my bf's bro because well, then the secret is out!

Also a day in a spa, well €50 won't stretch that far and I don't think she would be into that to be honest.
    Apologies for the stupid question, but how can 'nobody know her'? Surely if she is seven months pregnant your boyfriends family would know something about her or what she might be into etc?

Also can I ask, why are vouchers banned? Tell me to mind my own if you wish, I am just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Also can I ask, why are vouchers banned? Tell me to mind my own if you wish, I am just curious.

Just a guess but I'd say vouchers are not considered 'inventive' enough. They're a bit of a cop-out gift, even if they are useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 christmas pixie chick

this soap and glory set is going to be ootw in boots on friday should be bout 30 euro as its better then half price for one week http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory-trade-Big-Splendour-trade-_1220013/ i know u said u dont know whether she likes beauty products but u cant go wrong with a gift set also they have perfume sets for 12.99 instore kate moss,kylie,victoria beckham,guess and beyonce where some of the ones ive seen for this price (all my family,friends will be getting them) :D

Advertisement